Thirty four

Ashley's POV
⚠️ warning rape\mentions of rape will be in this chapter

I kept walking deeper into the woods as my thoughts were all over the place. I realized it was very dark and I should probably head back. I turned around and started walking back. I wasn't a hundred percent sure I was going in the right direction but I was hoping I would find a place that looked familiar. I continued to walk and my legs felt very weak and I was very tired. I looked around hoping I would see some place I recognized but all I saw was woods going on and on. I continued to walk when my shirt got caught on a branch and I tried to yank it away but that just caused it to tear in half. My shirt fell on the ground leaving me only in a sports bra and shorts.

"Shit." I mumbled as I stopped walking.

I took deep breaths and tried to get my energy back but my body was so tired. I needed to keep walking so I could at least find any house to sleep at. I walked for another twenty minutes when a big house came into view. I silently thanked the lord as I walked towards it. I then internally groaned as I realized I was in kook territory. How the heck did I wander all the way over here? I knew whoever owned the house would not let me inside so I passed by it and stated walking down the street. I passed a bunch of big houses and finally recognized where I was. It was probably a 3 mile walk to John Bs house and a 5 mile walk to mine.

"I'll have that bitch wrapped around my finger in a second." I overhear someone say as I continue to walk.

"Yeah because her rejecting you a million times really makes me think she likes you." I hear another voice say.

I glance over across the street from me and see three guys. I squint through the darkness and immediately recognize them as Kelce, Topper and Rafe. What are the odds? I start walking faster despite the pain in my legs hoping they won't see me.

"Hey baby! Where you going?" I hear Rafe yell.

I continue to walk faster hoping he won't notice it's me.

"Don't walk away! We just want to talk." Topper yelled playfully.

I heard their footsteps behind me as I started to jog.

"I love when they play hard to get." Rafe says playfully causing the other two idiots to laugh.

I continue to keep my eyes on the ground when I feel a strong hand grab my arm causing me to stop. I immediately look up and lock eyes with Rafe.

"Ashley?" He asked me in a confused tone.

I yank my arm out of his grip and take a couple steps away from him. They all stared at me as I was debating whether to run away.

"It must be my lucky day. What are you doing all the way out here?" Rafe asked me as he smirked at me with a grin.

"Uh.... I was just going for a run." I mumble as I cross my arms over my chest as I see him staring at my bra.

"Little far for a run." Kelce says as he looks me up in down.

"Trouble in paradise?" Rafe asks me as he raises his eyebrows.

"Just going home." I say as I immediately start walking away.

"I can give you a place to stay!" Rafe yelled after to me.

"No I'm good!" I yelled as I started walking faster.

"JJ isn't here to protect her now." I overheard Kelce say in a low voice.

I immediately broke into a full on sprint. I didn't turn back as I ran as fast as I could. The wind blew violently across my face as I continued to run. My legs were killing me but the fear took over and I found a new source of energy. I heard a car pull up next to me. I didn't turn to look at whoever it was as I focused on running.