Twenty two

Ashley's POV

Me and my mom rode home in complete and utter silence. She angrily gripped the steering wheel as I nervously played with my fingers. I had never messed up this bad. We finally arrive at home and she slams open her door. I slowly get out of the car and follow her inside. She opens the front door aggressively and I follow her inside.

"How could you be so stupid!" She yelled breaking the silence. She set down her car keys and stared at me with anger written all over her face.

"I'm sorry." I whispered under my breath.

"You are sorry? You are a fucking dumbass Ashley. Now I have to pay for your stupid mistake!" She screamed at me.

I kept staring at the ground as I heard her walk over to me.

She dug her nails into my chin and forced my face to look up at her. I winced in pain as she dug her nails deeper into my face.

"Look at me when I speak to you!" She yelled at me.

I felt tears fall down my face as she pulled her nails away from me. She walked away from me trying to calm herself down. I felt blood drizzle down my chin. I was too afraid to move or say anything.

"You run away and then you do this. You are such a piece of shit!" She screamed as she walked back over to me.

She grabbed me by my throat and threw my back into the wall as she strangled me. I tried to smack her hands away as I struggled to breathe.

"I should just fucking kill you!" She yelled as she spat in my face.

I tried to scream but nothing came out as I fought for air. She let go of my neck and I bent over and gasped for air. I thought she was down but I felt her yank my hair backwards causing me to scream. She slammed my head hard against the table. It felt like someone was hitting my head over and over again with a bat. I lifted my head up as I felt pain surge through my head and neck. My mom sighed and just walked away from me. The world around me was slowly spinning. I felt the blood slowly drizzle down my head. I rubbed my fingers over my template and I looked down at them and saw blood. I stumbled through my kitchen and out the door. The world was still spinning as I walked far away from that house.

My mind couldn't process where to go as I kept walking. Should I go to John Bs? My mind could only think of JJ. I found myself heading towards his house. I was almost to JJ's house when I heard the engine of a car stopping beside me.

"Yo Ashley!" I heard a voice yell.

I immediately recognized it as Rafes. Could this day get any worse? I turned my spinning head towards him as he looked down at me.

"Holy shit what happened?" He asked me as he sounded concerned.

"Doesn't affect you! Leave me alone!" I spat angrily at him as I wiped blood off my lips.

"You are hurt! Do you need help?" He asked me as he got out of his car.

"Please just leave!" I yelled as I stumbled away from him.

I needed to get to JJ. I felt Rafes hands wrap around my waist.

"You need to see a doctor." He said softly.

"Why would you even want to help me?" I yell as I turn to face him.

"Because I care about you." He said as he stared down at me.

"I don't need your help." I say softly.

"Come on ash. You need my help." He pleaded.

I was about to yell at him when we both heard a loud banging noise. We both turned our heads in the direction of the noise. We heard yelling coming from JJs house. I squinted my eyes as I saw two figures fighting on JJs porch. I saw one figure fall down and I immediately started running towards JJs house.

"Ashley what the hell are you doing?" Rafe yelled at me.

I didn't look back at him as I ignored the ringing in my ears and the dizziness in my brain. I ran onto JJs porch. I focused my gaze on JJ. He was standing over his unconscious dad.

"JJ." I whispered out of breath.

"Ashley. What are you..." he started to say but he stopped as he took in my appearance.

I took in his appearance too. He had bruises on both eyes and he blood coming out of his mouth.

"What happened?" JJ asked me softly.

I don't reply as I collapse in his arms. He caught me even tho his body seemed weak from the beaten he had taken. He sat down with me in his arms. We both cried into each other's embrace.
_______________________________
This part was a little hectic 😂🥺