Thirty nine

Ashley's POV

"The police don't seem to be here!" I yell as I nervously stare out the window.

I feel two arms snake around my waist causing me to pry them off of my body and quickly walk away.

"You are seriously still mad at me?" JJ yelled as I heard him follow me.

I didn't respond as I walked into the kitchen.

"I said I was sorry." He pleaded causing me to roll my eyes.

He placed his hands on my waist and I smacked them away causing him to groan. I didn't turn to look at him as I walked into the living room.

"The silent treatment! Really ash!" JJ yelled in an annoyed tone.

I turned to face Kie who was sitting across the room from me.

"Why aren't the police here yet?" I ask her.

"I don't know. Sarah Cameron definitely snitched!" Kie says angrily.

"Maybe she didn't." JJ says as he sits next to me.

"Shes a back stabbing bitch. Of course she told the police." Kie says sharply.

"Come on Ash. Talk to me." JJ pleads as I refuse to look at him.

I knew he did things impulsively to protect the people he loves but he took it too far this time. I told him to stop and he didn't even listen to me.

"Do you hear someone talking Kie? I just hear this annoying whining." I say playfully as I look over at her.

JJ groans in annoyance. I knew his clingy ass couldn't handle this. He tried to place a kiss on my cheek but I shoved his face away from me.

"What's wrong with JJ?" John B asked as he entered the room.

"She's giving me the silent treatment." JJ mumbled as he pointed at me.

"Well John B! JJ does things without thinking of the consequences and he doesn't understand that what he does affects other people. Like how people would be lost without him if he got sent to Juvie!" I yell angrily at John B even though I was really talking to JJ.

John B just looks uncontrollable.

"Well John B! Ashley doesn't understand that people care about her and will do whatever it takes to protect her. She also doesn't understand that the thought of another person hurting her makes my mind do crazy things because I love her!" JJ says angrily.

"I'm just going to leave." John B mumbles as he walks away.

Kie quickly follows behind him. I run a hand through my hair as I try and decide if I really want to talk to JJ.

"Look ash. I know you are mad. I just can't think straight because everything about you drives me crazy. And right now you not talking to me or even letting me touch you is driving me insane." JJ says softly.

I take a deep breath and turn to look at him.

"You can't just do crazy things every time something happens to me." I say sharply.

"Ash. Rafe tried to Rape you. I had every right to go off the rails." JJ says sharply.

"I need some air." I mumble as I get up.

I walk out the back door and sit on the back porch. I stare at the water as my mind races. I told JJ I didn't want any more drama today and he went against what I wanted. His heart was in the right place but his mind took it too far. I know I shouldn't stay mad at him but I just need some time to think. He just wants to protect me.

"Ashley. We are going to the boneyard to watch a movie." Kie says softly.

"Okay." I mumble as I get up.

I followed her to the front yard where Pope, John B and JJ were waiting for us. We all started walking.

"I've got the beer." JJ says playfully as he waves it in Kies face.

"It's a kids movie." Kie scoffs at him.

"And..... your point is?" JJ says as he smirks at her.

JJ's eyes land on me and his face falls. His eyes flickered at my hand and then at his own. He was debating over whether to grab my hand. He quickly looked away from me and over at John B. He was wearing a red hat backwards and a sweatshirt. He looked so cute.

"It's going to be so embarrassing when we get arrested at a kids movie." Pope says nervously.

"They won't be able to find us because we will be hiding in plain sight." JJ says as he wraps his arm around Pope.

Pope quickly slaps his arm away and JJ rolls his eyes.

"Just because you can't touch Ashley doesn't mean you can touch me." Pope mumbles.

"I don't think Sarah Cameron snitched." John B says quietly.

"Are you dumb? She's a cold snake!" Kie yelled angrily.

We arrived at the movie and we found a spot to sit at.

"I'm going to get us some sodas." Kie said as she walked away.

Pope was sitting right next to me on the grass and JJ was on the other side of him.

"He's miserable without you." Pope whispered.

I looked over at JJ. He was picking grass from the ground as he stared blankly at the screen.

"He isn't even saying a stupid comment or drinking his beer." Pope whispers.

I didn't want to give JJ the satisfaction of winning but I needed him too.

_______________________________
The next part will be better😂