Fifteen

Ashley's POV

"Why are you staring at me?" I ask JJ as I feel his eyes on me.

"Sorry you are hot." He replies playfully as he looks back at the road.

"Do you think John B likes kie?" I ask JJ.

"Duh. What, why are you asking?" JJ says in a concerned tone.

"Just asking." I mumble.

"Why? Do you like John B or something?" JJ asks me.

"God no. I'm best friends with Kie so I wanted to know." I say causing him to sigh.

"Okay." He says in a relieved tone.

"We are here!" JJ yells as he stops the car.

I try and open my door but JJ locked it. He quickly sprinted out the door and over to my door. I unlocked it and he opened my door for me.

"You know I know how to open my own door." I say to him.

He gives me puppy dog eyes. "But I wanted to open it for you." He says to me.

We walk up to the store and JJ opens the door for me.

"Dork." I mumble as I walk inside.

I look around for the art supplies aisle.

"This way babe." JJ says as he grabs my hand and leads me to an aisle.

Did he just call me babe? I'm just gonna let it slide.

"Yes! Spray paint baby!" JJ yells as he picks up the bottles.

I grab some bottles and JJ does too.

"I am gonna draw so many inappropriate things on rich peoples boats!" He says causing me to smack his arm.

"Oww!" He yells.

"Shut up." I say as we walk up to the cashier.

We set the spray paint down.

"That will be $20.56." The cashier says.

I reach into my pocket and pull out a 20 my mom gave me. JJ pulls out a dollar from his pocket. The lady bags up our cans and gives us the leftover change.

"Thank you." I say as I grab the bag and head out the door.

"Ashley?" I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn and see my mom. I feel JJ grab my hand and squeeze it tightly.

"Wow! I haven't seen you in a while. You don't come home. Where you been?" She asks me as she gets closer to us.

"Don't act like you care." I say sharply as I quickly exist the store dragging JJ along with me.

"You get your ass home or I'll call the police!" My mom yells as I hop into the car.

"Then I'll tell them you beat the shit out of me asshole!" I yell as I slam my door shut.

"Drive!" I yell at JJ.

He scrambles to start the car and starts driving away.

"I'm sorry about your mom." JJ says softly.

"Let's go have a fun time with some spray paint!" I holler completely ignoring what he just said.

"Hell yeah!" He yells as he screams.

We make it back to John Bs house and head inside.

"We got the drugs!" JJ yells as he enters the house.

"We do it tonight." John B says as he looks at the cans.

"We are going to get Rafe and Toppers boats." JJ says as I feel his arm wrap around my waist.

He squeezes my waist as he whispers in my ear. "They are gonna pay for what they did to you." JJ says quietly.

__________________________
I want season 2 of outer banks rn 🥺