Fifty

Trigger warning ⚠️ mentions of rape and kidnapping
JJs POV

"Where's the necklace dip shit." I asked a very drunk John B.

"I swore I had it." He slurred as he reached into his pocket.

I ran a hand through my hair impatiently as I watched him rummage through his pocket.

"Shit I must have dropped it." John B mumbles as he shrugs his shoulders.

I feel a angry smile leave my face as I stare down at him.

"I told you to keep it safe! Money doesn't grow on trees for me John B! I spent every last dollar on that gift!" I scream angrily as I stare down at my friend.

"Well I must have dropped it at the beach. Go check there." John B mumbles as he try's not to upset me.

I sigh as I shove my hands in my pockets and walk out of the diner. I scan the ground to see where the dipshit might have dropped my present to Ashley. I scanned the beach as I continued to walk closer to where I left Ashley.

"Ash... I'm really sorry...." I say loudly but immediately stop talking when I realize the beach is empty.

"Ashley?" I ask as I was very confused.

I turned my head around and scanned the beach for any sign of her. She wouldn't be dumb enough to swim and then drown. Right? I take a glance at the water as I check for any signs of a floating body.

"Ashley! This isn't funny, where are you!" I yell as I frantically look around.

She's probably fine. Maybe she went back to John Bs house. But why would she go alone? And why didn't she tell me? I started to get worried as I sprinted back to the diner. I crossed the street and wasn't looking where I was going. I heard a car screech as they hit the brakes in order to not kill me. The car stopped right in front of me. I didn't have time to look at who it was because I was overwhelmed by worry.

"Get out of the road asshole!" A familiar voice yelled.

I flicked whoever it was off and quickly ran inside the diner.

"Ashley's missing." I say out of breath.

Kie furrows her brows in worry as John B softly shakes his head.

"We need to get that girl a damm leash." Pope says playfully.

I glare at him and he immediately understands that this isn't the time for jokes.

"Maybe she just walked home." John B says with a unsure tone in his voice.

"Why wouldn't she tell any of us where she was going?" I mumble as I pace back and forth.

"I bet she's okay. Calm down JJ." Kie says softly.

"How am I suppose to be calm when the girl I love just disappeared! Twice now!" I yell angrily.

John Bs eyes sadden as I can tell he's thinking about his dad as soon as I say disappear. John B gets up and walks out of the diner angrily.

"Nice choice of words." Kie says sharply as she follows behind JJ.

"I can't find Ashley. Then these assholes almost ran me over." I mumble as I sit down and hold back tears.

"I'm sure she's fine JJ. She's tough." Pope says as he try's to comfort me.

"It just hit me. Somebody almost hit me." I mumble softly.

"Yeah no shit." Pope says sharply but I quickly put my hand over his mouth and tell him to shut up.