Chapter 32 : Long Live the Duchess

"HE'S LOST TOO MUCH BLOOD!" 

I said on the line as I try and apply pressure on Luca's wound. I have not removed the arrow pierced on his shoulder. 

The ship we're on is already moving ahead while the other is still on the port. I have no idea what's going on there--if Exene and Levi are alright--if Black is still on that ship--

"Liliana, calm down--"

"How could I calm down, Davis!" I sobbed as I try to stop Luca from bleeding too much. 

One of the women came and offered her help--she's the same one who volunteered to be administered by the drug first. 

I wiped my face with my arm since my hands are all bloody. 

"You should take care of the ship first. We have to get out of here." 

I looked around. The women are stacked in the corner of the ship, dead body of the man in front of them. An arrow was protruding from its forehead, blood pooling around its head. 

"Aren't we going to remove the arrow, Miss?" 

"No, let it stay there. Don't make him move. Apply pressure on the wound as much as you can. I will find something to stabilize the arrow." 

I tapped on the earpiece. "How's the situation there?" 

Davis was breathless as he answered the line. "Exene and Levi are now chasing Apollo and his other men. I'm finding the other girls. You go and guide the boat to the city port. The Crown Prince is waiting there. You know the way there, right?" 

I nodded. As if he could see it. I have a lot of questions in my mind right now and I will have them answered later. They have to answer. Kung maaari, I will ask Apollo himself.

"Liliana," Davis called and I was pulled back from my reverie.  And for someone like Davis who rarely laid his emotions bare, I could hear a hint of worry in his voice.

"Yes, I know the way there. I'm fine. We're all fine. Luca is losing a lot of blood and I'm doing what needs to be done." I said before the line disconnected.

I faced the girls. They were all cramped in the corner, trembling with fear as they all look at the dead body in front of them. The girl who's holding Luca looks scared as hell and I wonder what she'd been through that she didn't faint with the sight of so much blood.

I gulped. I am scared and confused as hell too. But Luca is about to be unconscious. It's just me now. I swallowed the lump in my throat and stood as tall as possible in front of them.

"Everyone," I started to get their attention. They all looked up.

"You are all free now. You're safe. This boat is headed to the city port. And it would take us 15 minutes to go there. I am sure you're all frightened but you are safe now. I want you all to look around the ship, look for food, clothes, or anything that might be useful to you. Let's help each other out. We're all going home." 

I took a shaky breath as I eyed them all, their eyes frightened, lips trembling with the cold, or the tears that are about to fall, or both. But they got up their feet, the others helping those who are still weak to stand. And they started moving around without any words but just their sobs — tears of happiness that after a long time, they're finally free.

I picked up an ax that was lying around and went to the wheels. I navigated through it and snuck the aze into the wheel after making sure we're going straight. I can already see the land. The port.

I went back to where Luca is and he's pale as a paper. The arrow must be very painful but I have to leave it there or else it would cause more blood flowing out of him. And looking at how pale he is, I cursed inwardly and I started to panic.