Chapter 43: Sacrifice

"Don't think you can get my wife that easily," Exene said and the next thing I knew was him stepping in front me and everybody started shooting. 

Exene hid me behind him while he shot one of the men. Others were quick to hide too. He faced me and dragged me somewhere kung saan ako makakapagtago. 

"Stay here," he said as he stared at me intently. 

I looked at his arm. "Your wound--" 

"--is fine." He gave me a reassuring smile before he gave me a kiss on the forehead. "I'll be back," he said before he went to the battlefield hiding from the bullets.

I took a breath and let out a shaky one as I slid to the floor. I hid as hard as I can and calmed myself, praying it will be over soon and that everything will be alright. I clasped my hands together as I heard the sound of guns. I decided to take a look at what's happening and everyone is hiding. I saw Exene shot one of Apollo's men, ganoon din ang ginawa nina Ares, Pierce, Levi, and Luca. The way they handle guns and how they shoot without flaw tells that they have been doing this a lot of times. And I am not even surprised. I witnessed them train, treated their wounds because of those training. It's the Duke and his Generals, of course, they should also be skillful fighters. But I couldn't see Davis Black anywhere. 

I looked to the other side and gasped as I saw Laurent helping Maynard to stand whilst trying to hide from the bullets. Exene saw it and covered for them. The others did the same until they reached my location. 

I looked at both their wounds and it was bleeding again. Maynard was panting and he's getting pale. He's lost too much blood. I don't have any vials left in me. But that room still has medicine. 

I was about to stand when Laurent held my wrist. "Where are you going?"  

"Apply pressure on his wound and yours too while you're at it. I'm going to get some medicine," 

"Are you crazy?" 

I pulled my wrist from his grip.

"Maybe I am!" I hissed. "What do you want me to do? Let him die?" 

He didn't say another word at agad akong tumakbo palabas sa pinatagtataguan namin, trying to avoid the bullets. 

"Liliana!" I heard Exene called my name but I didn't look back. I continued to run as fast as I could but a loud shot rang in my head as the wood pillar near me was shot. I yelped but continued running. I was about to turn when somebody shot the floor dahilan para mapatigil ako sa pagtakbo. It was a man. But before he could even point the gun at me, somebody appeared behind him and finished the man with one quick slash of his sword. 

I stood frozen. His face is all bloody but he's fine. I couldn't see any wounds on his body. I didn't notice he's already in front me, holding both my shoulders as he shot me with a piercing look. 

"What the hell, Liliana." He uttered and dragged me into the room kung saan ang mga gamot na kakailanganin ko. 

"What the fuck were you thinking? Are you really that dumb to run around like that--" he hissed but he didn't finish his sentence when he saw my face. I wiped the tears from my eyes. We were squatting on the floor, as the shooting continues outside. I don't know how long this will go. But it feels like it's been going on for a long time.

"We have a lot to talk about after all of this so until then, try to stay alive, Davis," I said before I scuttled and looked for the medicine I was looking for. 

"You knew." He stated. I faced him.

"Let's talk when this is over. For now, I have to treat Maynard and Laurent. You know he isn't Apollo, right?"