Twenty-Six

~Sharp~

" P'Beam, I never had the opportunity to properly apologize for how things went last time I saw you. As much as I would like to say I'm sorry for kissing you, I can't. Because that would be a lie. I really have feelings for you, feelings that wouldn't allow me to settle on just friendship with you" - I said focusing on the road and trying to look over at him. " Did you set this up?"-P'Beam asked with a stern look. I've never seen him like this before. " Set what up Phi?" I asked confused as to what he was talking about.
" Did, you make your uncle put me in this current housing? I wanted to be polite to him,but I'll be checking into a hotel"-P'Beam.

I gulped upon hearing what he had to say, " oh, I promised my family you would be having dinner with us Phi. Can we do that first? Then we can talk things over. Besides, I can stay home if my presence makes you uncomfortable" I said. He took a deep breathe, "N'Sharp you almost caused me my relationship! Why are you doing this?"He yelled out his frustration. I pulled up to my home , and stopped security from opening the gates. " I didn't mean to hurt you... I -I just can't help how I feel about you. We can skip this dinner, and take you to the hotel if that's what you want."- I said to coax him.

~Beam~

I'm really mistaken by this kid, he act rush and seems to take nobody's feelings into consideration but his own. I can't believe I thought for a moment,  he was this shy kid who others don't seem to understand. " You don't get it Nong... after this dinner with your family. Don't show your face in front of me again!" I said to him. He seem lost and confused by my outburst. What did he think this was? Some plot to swift me off my feet? Then I felt my phone vibrate, it's a text from Forth. "Hi Beam, I hope your orientation went well. Didn't want to disturb you, but FaceTime when your day is over"-Forth.

After reading that, I almost told N'Sharp I can't have dinner with his family. When a man in his late 40's tapped on the driver side window. " Hey son, you are blocking the entrance. Your mother is waiting on us"-said the man. " Sorry Dad, we were just discussing something" -N'Sharp said to the man, who happened to be his father. When we got inside the mansion that they refer to as a house. I politely wai at his father. "Ahhh, you must be Beam!!! We've heard a lot about you. I can see why N'Sharp is infatuated hahaha"- his father said tapping his son on the shoulder.

Ummm, what is this man talking about. The infatuation was no secret, but he talked about me to his family in such manner? Okay, now I'm regretting my decision to have dinner with them. " let's go in boys. I'm already late coming in, don't need the Mrs. getting mad at me hahaha" the man said, leading the way to the house. I noticed the pinkish hue on N'Sharp's cheeks. Why is he suddenly acting coy?

"Hello! Beam!!! Welcome to our home. Please make yourself comfortable" - a very fair woman who looks just like the Dean walked up to me and gave me a hug. They are completely identical, only difference is that the Dean's hair is shorter. I also met N'Sharp's little sister,Mai.She was really chatty and clang to her brother for the most part. They seem like a wholesome family. Very friendly, and humble even with their wealth. " We've heard a lot about you Beam. You are the first friend Sharp has brought home"- His mother said.

I looked over at N'Sharp who sat across from me. He was looking down, moving food around on his plate. " Thank you for being his friend. When he was growing up, we moved around a lot. I often feel bad for his lack of a social life. He is a bit self centered, but when you get to k ow him. He has the purest of heart.Hopefully, you can advice him not to transfer from your school. I think going away for college was good for him"-his father said. I looked at his parents who had a look of guilt as they talked about their son.

"Well I had the opposite childhood as N'Sharp. My parents did their own thing, and I spent most of my time alone. But, made friends along the way.N'Sharp on the other hand got to see the world with his parents,and he has a bright outlook on life because of that. Don't beat yourself up too much for it" I said to ease the melancholy mood that was hanging over the table. Then Mai, broke the ice with her cuteness and we all laughed.

~Sharp~

P'Beam got along well with my family but he is still not fund of me. " Will you be joining us on Sunday for brunch,Beam?" -Mother asked as they were seeing us off. " I have some things to go over, but thank you for having me over"-P'Beam. He is definitely drawing the line between him and I. I smiled at my mom, and said " he is not here on vacation mom, he still has school work today". She nodded, to assure me she understood. " well the offer still stand, you are always welcome to our home Beam 😊"-Mom.

The drive to the hotel was very awkward, he looked out the window the entire ride. When we arrived,  I accompanied him to the front desk. " You can leave now Nong, I can take care of things from here. Also, I'll be renting a car. You don't need to pick me up anymore"-P'Beam. I bit down on my lip, is he playing hard to get right now? I know he is torn, but can't deny the chemistry we have. Then someone called out his nam. " N'Beam!!! Is that you??" a girl walked up to us.

~Beam~
Oh what are the odds, that someone that knows me would witness me entering a hotel with N'Sharp.
" Hi, P'Anong!!! what are you doing here?" I asked her as she walked closer to us. She said nothing at first, just looking N'Sharp over. " We are here on a work retreat, I'll be leaving on Monday"-P'Anong. Then the receptionist handed me the key to my room. "Who is your handsome friend, here?"-P'Anong.

"This is Nong Sharp...will you be able to have brunch with me tomorrow. My schedule is free"I said to change the subject. " Yea, I'll love to, text me I. The morning okay. I've to get going we have a team meeting"-P'Anong. Without looking back at N'Sharp, I said  " it'll be best if you leave now, Nong and please let this be the last we see each other". Those were my parting words before I checked into my room. I called Forth, the moment I got in. " Hey Babe.. how was your first day" Forth asked with so much excitement.

"Yea it has been good... Forth I-I have something to tell you" I said trying to find words to tell him about N'Sharp. He looked me in the eyes and then my surroundings. " Did you check into a hotel?" He asked with a smile. " Yea I did... and N'Sharp is here too" I managed to blurt out. He still had a smile on, " P'Anong already called to snitch on you... I TRUST you Beam." -Forth.