Forty-Eight

~Forth~

Just like that our sophomore year of college was over. Beam and I planning our wedding. Things have fallen back to place. For the most part we are back to our normal lives. Our only stress now is school and deciding on wedding venues. I preferred that over our old hindrance of relationship turmoil.

Both Beam and I have learned a lot being with each other. I have learned how not to be a hot head,and he has learn to communicate freely with me. We keep no secrets amongst us. Tonight, we have a double date with P'Mew and his boyfriend. He is pretty but has a sharp tongue. We learned last time not to have him and Lam around each other.

" Hi Babe, what time is dinner with P'Mew"-Beam asked as I make breakfast. " He said 7pm at the new Italian restaurant" I told him as he fill out forms. " Have you decided on where you want to do your residency?" I asked. Next year, Beam will be deciding on a place to do his residency. His dad promised us a house where ever he decides on.

I'm glad he in considering most of the hospitals in the city and not going far. I don't want to look long distance, but if need be I'll follow him where ever he goes. We spent the bulk of our Saturday cleaning and doing laundry. When it was almost time for us to head out. Beam, hop into the shower while I ironed our outfit. Then I noticed his phone going off.

At first I let it go to voicemail, but then another call followed suit. I figured it must be important for the back to back phone calls. The caller ID was Unknown, so I picked up " Hello.... Hello."!!. No one answered, I looked at the phone and just when I was about to hang up I heard. " Congratulations P'Forth... I heard you and P'Beam are engaged". I didn't need to take a guess, because I knew that voice from anywhere. " Why are you calling Beam... N'Sharp?"

~Beam~

"Babe, can we catch a movie after the dinner. It's been a while since I went to the movies" I said to Forth as he drove. He was really quiet, and simply nodded his head when I asked. Why the sudden change in mood? Come to think of it he has been in this foul mood since I came out the shower.

We finally arrived the restaurant to meet P'Mew and P'Gulf. " So have you decided on a honeymoon destination?"-P'Mew asked. " Well, the Maldives is on the top of my list. But Forth wants to go to Hawaii. We still haven't decided" I said. " N'Forth don't seem to be here with with us today" P'Gulf said noticing how absent minded Forth was.

I leaned in and whispered, " Is everything okay hun, do you not feel well."-I asked a bit worried. He is normally the chatty one at these kinds of outings. " I'm good... but I have something to discuss with you when we get home" he whispered back. I looked him in the eyes to make out what was going on. Whatever it is must be really bad because, he kept biting his lower lip.

Once, we finished dinner, I kept looking at him while we drove. " I thought we've passed this stage Forth" I said to him as he drove. Next, thing I know he was pulling over. He looked me dead in the eyes, and asked " when was the last time you spoke with N'Sharp?"-Forth said with a furrowed brow. I haven't seen like this in a while.

" The last time I spoke to his, is when he called me to let me know he had arrived. Besides.. I changed my number. So, there's... no..." I paused between words as Forth simmered down. I guess he wanted to confirmed something for himself. " What's wrong? Did he contact you?" I asked trying to make sense of what was going on.

~Forth~

Beam was being honest, I can tell from his demeanor and body language that he was telling me the truth. When I spoke to N'Sharp this afternoon, he also said this was his first time reaching out to Beam. And he got his number from Eamon. Beam's friend that he met during his field placement. I guess he took a job at N'Sharp's uncle's hospital.

They met recently, and he got Beam's number from him. I knew I should have believed Beam, without a doubt. But anyone biten by a snake, can grow to fear worms. I told Beam about N'Sharp reaching out to him. He looked worried when I told him, " why are you telling me this now? Forth!!" - he yelled.

" Wow, you thought I was still keeping in touch with him?" He asked with so much hurt in his voice. " You still don't trust me? What do we have, if you don't trust me?" He said. " I know, I know ... I'm sorry... that's why I'm telling you now. I'm sorry hun" I said pulling him into a hug.

I drove us home feeling bad for accusing Beam. He was all teary eyes when we got home. I pulled him into a hug. " I'm very sorry Beam... I was wrong for not bringing it up right away" I said kissing him on the forehead. " What did he want? What did N'Sharp want ?" -Beam

" He said he wants to see you in person... he said if I wanted to, I can come along. I originally was planning to see him alone tomorrow with the cops if he had any ill intentions" I said. Beam nodded his head, and said "let's go together, I want to put an end to this once and for all. Last, thing we need is him popping up out of the blue"- Beam.

~Beam~

I tossed and turned the entire night, imagining the worse case scenarios. Then I felt a firm grip on my waist. " Relax babe... what ever you have weighing on your mind won't happen. Okay?" Forth coaxed me with his calm tone, while rocking me to sleep.

The next morning, we decided to bring security instead of police. We want them to blend in, since N'Sharp chose a very public place for us to meet. It was a brunch restaurant in the middle of downtown. Forth had my hand in his, and lead the way. When we arrived, we were shown our table. N'Sharp had yet to arrive. Then I heard a familiar voice, " Hi, P'Beam..." I turned to face N'Sharp, who stood there locking hands with a young girl.