Chapter 21

Thank you to @midnight_advisor_ for the beautiful cover!

---

One week later

Jungkook lay back on his leather seat in the office. He pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes. He can't really focus on his work. Not that his mind did not working but his mind was working on something else.. or, rather on someone else. Jungkook sighed. He felt like he was in a really big mess. He tried to make his mind focus on his work or another thing as long as he could ignore that one particular subject but his mind is still going back to.. him. He felt like he was being haunted.

"Taehyung.." he whispered. He once again closed his eyes and let out a sigh. Again. Within these few days, he kept on thinking about Taehyung well to be more accurate since that party night a week ago.

Jungkook could still remember the way Taehyung was laughing, the way he covered his mouth with his hand while laughing, and the way he smiled, the beautiful curves of his lips when he smiles. Now, Jungkook was captured under the spell made by those lips and smiles. Who would believe that a pair of lips can cast a spell?

Jungkook remembered what he has done on their wedding day after the party. He was harsh and cold towards Taehyung. He could still remember the confused and shock looks on the other man's face. And above all, the most he still remembers is the hurt and sad expression on Taehyung's face. He knew that Taehyung must really hate him. He knew it but Taehyung would never say it to his face because he also knew that Taehyung would never wanted to hurt his parents. Jungkook knew that.

Then his assistant, Park Bogum came into his mind. Thinking about him, Jungkook could feel that Bogum had some kind of feeling towards his spouse. Jungkook knew it just from the way the man stared at Taehyung. He saw how the man would laugh everytime Taehyung was smiling or laughing. Jungkook could clearly see how he smiled gently while looking at Taehyung. That was what Jungkook see during that night.

Jungkook felt threatened with that thought. What if one day he lost Taehyung to his assistant? what if Taehyung asked for a divorce from him?. No. Jungkook shook his head. He did not want that. Now he realized that he did not want to lose Taehyung. No, not this time.. not in this life. That was what Jungkook has decided. He will do everything to keep Taehyung by his side and he wanted to change Taehyung's feeling for him.

But then, he remembered his conversation with his bestfriend hyung, Min Yoongi. About Yoongi's suggestion to divorce Taehyung after a year of their marriage if he want to be free from the unwanted marriage. Once again, No.. Jungkook did not want to divorce the beautiful man. Now he determined to get Taehyung's attention and most importantly Taehyung's love.

How will Taehyung love him? Jungkook thought about this. He had hurt the beautiful man. He has been harsh and cruel since day one. The worst Jungkook has done is his second marriage with Jimin. How can he gain Taehyung's trust with all this? Well, he did not really care about Taehyung before because all he ever wanted was to marry his lover.

Now with Jimin's pregnancy, Jungkook must spent most of his time with his second spouse than with Taehyung and he questioned himself.. how will he gain the trust? And he knows, with the less time he spend with Taehyung the lesser chance he will have with the man. Now he is afraid. He is afraid that he will never has the chance to hold Taehyung's heart and keep it with him. Jungkook really want to change his attitude towards the beautiful man so that he will be more comfortable with him. Taehyung is wary of him that he knew himself so he has to take things slowly. Jungkook sighed for the third time.

He looked at his phone and was debating whether or not to call the beautiful man. Jungkook really wanted to hear Taehyung's voice. With only Jungkook in the room, the quietness was deafening and Jungkook felt like he could hear Taehyung's voice calling for him. The beautiful man's voice was a bit deep and low but there is a gentleness and calmness in his voice that make his voice really pleasant to hear. Taehyung never use that gentle voice to him. Jungkook could only hear it when Taehyung was talking to his brother Yeonjun, Soobin and even his parents. But never him. Jungkook suddenly realized why. He sighed and massaged his forehead. Now all Jungkook could hear is Taehyung's afraid, shock and hurt laced voice.

Jungkook took his phone and pressed the number. He put the device near his ear and could hear the rings. Jungkook was slightly nervous as he waited for the phone to be picked up.

"Hello.." there he heard the soft voice finally. Jungkook tightened his grip on the device.

"Hello Taehyung..." Jungkook said. He wanted to be more gentle towards Taehyung to show the other man a sign that he wanted to start things new but he realized that he has said that with his cold stiff voice.

"Y-yes Jungkook?" Jungkook could hear Taehyung was stuttering. He had barely talked to Taehyung since the incident involving Jimin and now Taehyung must be thinking that he has done something again.

"Yes.. what are you doing?" Jungkook asked. But inside his mind, he was cursing himself. 'what is with that tone? You should be gentler with your tone'.

"Erm.. I- I was doing the house chores.. why? Do you.. need something?? Taehyung asked softly. Afraid that he might overstepped his boundaries and make the older angry with him again. But felt a bit relieved when he realized that he has done nothing wrong.

"No.. Nothing, I just call to check up on you. That's all.. I need to go back to my work.." Jungkook said and hung up the call without waiting for the reply from the other man. He sighed. It was more difficult than he thought. He really did not know what to do now. Jungkook took his pen and opened the file that needed to be checked by him. He looks through the paper but still he was thinking about Taehyung until he could hear a knock on the door.

"Come in.." He said. Jungkook looked up at the door and saw Bogum walking towards him holding a few files on his hand. Bogum bowed.

"Sir.. These files need to be check and signed by you.." Bogum said. Jungkook looked at the man in front of him and realized that the man was really good looking and from the way he talks, Jungkook knew that he was really a nice and gentle person. But when Jungkook looked at his eyes, Jungkook could see traces of anger, hurt and hate when he was looking at him now. 'Maybe he is trying to control himself from giving me a punch'

"Okay.." Jungkook took the files. Bogum bowed once again and was about to turned around when Jungkook's voice stopped him.

"Do you know my wife?" Jungkook asked. Bogum was a bit surprised and looked straight at Jungkook.

"Yes sir, we came from the same place and we have known each other since we were really young.." Bogum replied. Jungkook felt that they were more than what his assistant told him.

"Really? But I saw you two during that party night. You two acted a bit different than how friends really acts.." Jungkook said.

"What do you want to know sir?" Bogum asked. He started to feel angry with the way Jungkook asked him. 'What else does he want? He is married to Taehyung and now he looks like he is accusing us having an affair behind him'.

"The truth.." Jungkook said curtly looking straight at Bogum. Both of them were staring at each other. One with accusing angry eyes while the others with lost angry eyes.

"Taehyung and I... We love each other.."

---

Hi there!

Here is another update. Sorry for the long wait and Thank you for reading and waiting for this story.

I know all of you are waiting for this update but I want to ask something... 

Have you watch a Chinese drama series called "The Untamed'? Its an adaption from a famous  BL Chinese novel and I am really in love with that drama. Though it is BL but there is really no explicit scenes or something like that. It is so subtle and that was one of the reasons why the drama is so beautiful. But of course, the storyline is really perfect too. I finished binge watching the movie two weeks ago and I just cant move on from the drama really. I did not know that the drama was a bomb last year. I missed it. But really,  Everything is perfect for me. The actors, the sets.. even the songs are all so beautiful. I don't understand Chinese but the theme song 'WuJi' is like one of the most beautiful song for me. If you have not watch the drama, I recommend you to watch it. I want to have someone to talk about that drama with, I asked my sister to watch it but she keeps on delaying like 'later.. later' aiggooo.. try watch the series!

And Enjoy this chapter.. 

Till next time~