Chapter 18

"Is that a joke?" I asked him disbelieving. It just has to be a joke. Jimin just shook his head and held out a picture to me. An ultrasound picture.

I took the picture with trembling hands. Tears of sadness formed in my eyes when I saw the unborn baby in the picture. Jimin would surely leave me to start a family with the baby and Mina.

The picture proves that Jimin will soon be a father. I looked at the date when the picture was taken and how old the baby in it must have been. In my head I calculated the last time Jimin had slept with her. The last time he slept with her was the day I sent my application to him.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "Why do you believe her?" I shouted at him and crumpled the picture with anger. "This is one of her games to bring us apart!"

For a moment his eyes sparkled angrily.

"It is not your child, Jimin!" I hissed in the direction of Mina and looked at Mina with hatred for a brief moment.

"(Y/N)! Don't you dare talk to my baby's mother like that!" he threatened me, taking a step closer to me and I taking a step back. I looked at him disappointed. "Are you on her side? And do you really believe that it's your child? "I sobbed, shaking my head. "If it turns out that it isn't your child, don't come running to me," I shouted at him, tossing the crumpled picture onto his face and running away.

At the moment I don't want to have him closer to mine. Above all, I don't want to see him because I felt betrayed by him. Instead of being on my side, he is on Mina side.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I leaned my back against the wall of the elevator. Fortunately, no one was in the elevator and no one got into the elevator when I took the elevator down. I don't care if Jimin would fire me because I'm away from work without permission, even though I still had to work and I didn't ask him for permission.

My employees looked at me curiously, on the other hand, they looked at me with pity as I walked past them with smeared mascara to the exit.

When I stepped out of the entrance, I looked up at the gray sky. It started to rain and the first drops fell on my face. Fits my mood, I thought bitterly and another tear ran down my cheek. Thanks to the rain, my tears could no longer be seen.

Immediately after I finished the sentence, it started to rain heavily. I closed my eyes and let the rain wash away my remaining makeup. I tried to calm down by the splash of the rain when it hit a surface. I've always found that the rain has a calming effect on me.

So I walked home through the pouring rain, where I will change and watch films or series on the TV. So I tried to distract myself.

I'm going to tell Sumi, my new friend I met at a wedding. I won't tell my mother anything, because the next time she sees Jimin, she'll tear him in pieces. Even if Jimin is an alpha, my mother is not afraid of him when it comes to me. Every mother is like that. To protect her puppy, the female would stand up against the alpha, even if it could mean her death.

I lay down exhausted on the sofa after taking a shower. I took the remote control and turned on the TV. Then I turned on Netflix. Which series or film will I watch?, I wondered. As I said, I wanted to distract myself from my problems through the films or series. Of course, I knew it couldn't stay that way for long.

Suddenly my cell phone beeped. I got a message. ? I fumbled in my pocket to get my cell phone out. I looked at my cell phone display when I finally got the cell phone out. The message is from Jimin.

Jimin: I'm really sorry that I yelled at you

Me: Why are you on her side?

Jimin: Can I come to you? It is better to talk face to face.

Should I do it or not? No, I want to have time to think about it and make him feel guilty longer.

Me: I am not ready for it. Still have to think about it and need time for myself.

Jimin: How long do you need time for yourself? What about work?

Me: about 1 week. I'll come to work, but I want you to let me do my job and not mention anything that isn't part of work. Besides, you shouldn't kiss me or something like that!

Jimin: I really can't kiss you? OK.... I don't knwo if I can hold myself back.

After reading the last message, I threw my cell phone on the end of the sofa. Was it the right decision to go to work, where I would always see Jimin? But at some point I have to go back to work. After all, I've always wanted to work there. We are Mates.

We have to be able to solve our problems. Above all, I don't want to lose Jimin. Even if it means that I have to accept another woman's unborn baby.

As I told Jimin, I got to work the next morning and pretended that nothing had happened and I only saw Jimin as my boss. "Good morning, Mr. Park," I greeted him with a slight bow when I got to the office. "Good morning," he replied, and I sat in my seat without looking at him again.

After 2 weeks

"Mr. Park, your next meeting will take place today at 8:15 pm", I informed Jimin about his important appointment with a client.

During these two weeks I thought a lot about Jimin and me and whether I would support Jimin with his baby and stay on his side, no matter what will happen or not.

"Can I talk to you about the unborn baby and about us? Or are you not ready yet?" asked Jimin. So he tore me out of my thoughts and broke the uncomfortable silence. Usually we always spoke during work, except when one shouldn't be disturbed. But during these weeks we didn't speak at all and over the 2 weeks it was quiet in the office. Throughout the week you only heard typing on the keyboard or when you were on the phone.

I nod. Jimin got up from his chair and came to me and stood next to me. He gently reached for my hands to test whether I would allow it. Since I allowed it, he pulled me onto my legs and put his arms around me. He buried his nose in my hair and breathed in the air through his nose.

"I missed breathing your scent and holding you in my arms," ​​he broke the silence between us again.

With a small smile, I put my arms around him and buried my nose in his shirt. I missed him terribly.

"I was disappointed because you were on her side and not on mine side," I told him of the feelings I felt two weeks ago.

"I'm not on her side, but on your side and the unborn baby," he murmured into my hair.