Chapter 35

"Happy birthday, Mr. Park", many employees congratulated him on his birthday when we walked through the company entrance. Many of the employees have already seen us through the electric glass door. The staff handed him a bottle of wine and chocolate. "Gasahamnida", he thanked the staff. He was repeatedly congratulated and given small gifts as we walked to the elevator. We were just about to get into the elevator when the woman standing behind the reception stopped him. "Mr. Park, we have planned a little birthday party for you today," she told him about the surprise that I had been planning for weeks and it WAS actually a surprise. I scowled at her, but made sure that Jimin didn't notice. "Y-your girlf-friend will take you there," she continued stuttering when she saw the look on my face. I also gave her to understand with my eyes. The woman opened her mouth to say something, but closed her mouth again. They moved their mouths like a fish on land. "Um ... thank you very much?" Jimin replied confused, who frowned and didn't understand why the woman had opened her mouth and said nothing. Together we made our way to the elevator and got into the elevator.

"Are you okay, Jagiya?" Jimin asked me in the elevator when he saw my angry expression. "No," I gritted my teeth. "Is everything really okay?" he asked again. I nodded and pressed my lips together so that it was just a thin line.

When I got to the office, I took quick steps to my desk and sat on the chair, puffing angrily. "(Y/N). Something is wrong with you..." Jimin stated, who knelt in front of me and had put his hands on my knees. Something dripped onto Jimin's hand. "W-what?" I asked, confused, staring at his hand. "Why are you crying?" Jimin asked worried and many more drops on his hands. I raised my hand and touched my cheek, which was wet.

"Actually, I wanted to surprise you with the surprise party, but the woman at the reception spoiled it. I've been planning it for weeks," I sobbed and buried my face in my hands. Jimin grabbed my wrists and pushed my hands away from my face. He let go of my wrists and instead cupped my face with his hands and pressed a gentle kiss on the lips. I put my hands on his hands, closed my eyes and enjoyed the kiss. I really always enjoy my time with Jimin when I'm with Jimin. "Gomawo." he thanked me. "What are you thanking for? It's no longer a surprise party. Just a party," I said, opening my eyes and resting my forehead against his. "You have planned it after all and it can only be good," he said and pressed another kiss on the mouth. "Saranghae," said Jimi after we broke the kiss. "Nadu Saranghaeyo," I smiled into the kiss. I threw myself into his arms and kissed him passionately on the mouth.

At 6 p.m. I took him to a hall at the company where the surprise party will take place. Once I caught Jimin nervously touching his jacket pocket and exhaling with relief. "What do you have? Why did you touch your jacket pocket? "I asked him many questions that interested me dearly. "Nothing," he said simply.

Once there, we went into a dark room where all the guests were hidden. Jimin turned on the light and all the guests jumped out of their hiding places and shouted: "Surprise". Jimin pretended to be surprised even though he already knew about the party. "Gamsahamnida", he thanked all his employees and stepped further into the room.

We were immediately taken to a table where there was plenty of food. I just got Jimin's favorite food. After all, he's the birthday boy and it's his birthday party.

Romantic music was played. Couples stood on the dance floor and were already dancing to the music. Jimin got up from the chair, held out a hand and asked me with a grin: "Would you do me the honor and dance with me?". Giggling I took his hand in mine, stood up and Jimin led me to the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around his shoulder. Jimin put his hands on my hips, pulled me tight as far as my stomach could, and we danced to the music. We looked at each other in love. Every now and then I scratched the hair on the back of his neck.

When the song was over, Jimin knelt in front of me on one knee, took something out of his jacket pocket and held it in front of me. Shocked, I held a hand in front of my mouth and tears ran down my cheeks. "Lee (Y/N), do you want to marry me?" He asked me, looking at me hopefully. "Yes," I sobbed. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his chest.

Jimin took my left hand in his and put the ring on me, which is beautiful.

Jimin kissed me on the mouth and we could hear cheers around us. I didn't notice the cheering because I only have Jimin in front of me and I was focused on him.

1 week later

Today we have the engagement party with our friends and families. The celebration will be in a lounge. I actually wanted to celebrate in our garden, but it's already October and it's pretty cold. That's one of the reasons we won't be celebrating at home.

Since Seokjin and Sumi are still on their honeymoon, they won't show up. It makes me sad, but what can you do about it? She is my only friend...

Today I wore a black, long and elegant dress and I pinned my hair up. Today I wore more make-up than usual and I tried particularly hard. "You look beautiful, but I like your natural look more," Jimin complimented me at the beginning, but in the end he gave me his opinion. "Thanks, but you don't look bad either," I replied with a smile. "Are you ready?" Jimin asked, holding out his arm to me. With a smile, I chopped my arm into his and we made our way to the car that was in the garage.

Jimin parked his car in front of the entrance and it was already teeming with reporters. "What are they doing here?" I swore to myself and looked at them. Some of the reporters saw us and quickly ran to our car to get the best picture of us. I pulled the collar of my coat closer to my face and turned away from them. "Don't worry. Securities and bodyguards will be arriving soon, who will safely accompany us into the lounge.".

A few moments later the securities and bodyguards arrived. They made their way through the reporters to us and pushed them away from the car. They pushed the reporters further away from us as we got on the car. "We heard that you are pregnant. Is that true and if so, when will the child be born?" A reporter asked me as she held a microphone in front of my mouth. "No comment," Jimin interrupted, pushing her away from me. He put a hand on my back and pushed me forward.

A thunderstorm from cameras broke out. "We heard from an insider that they proposed to their friend a week ago," other reporters asked.

At some point we went through the entrance. Jimin's car is parked elsewhere by a lounge employee. Finally, I thought with relief when I took off my coat and hung it on a hanger.

We went to the lounge, where we were showered with congratulations.

I was talking to my cousin when suddenly hands were over my eyes and my world went dark. "Huh?" I asked confused and removed the strange hands from my face. The hands are soft and tender, I thought, so it can't be Jimin.

"Surprise," called a female voice I knew all too well. "Sumi!" I called out loudly, turned to her and threw myself happily in her arms. "(Y/N)!" she replied just as loudly and put her tender arms around me. She came to the engagement party even though she was on her honeymoon in Florida with Seokjin. "What are you doing here?" I asked her amazed when I broke the hug. "You don't really think I wouldn't come to your engagement party, do you? We are best friends". "How long are you staying here?" I asked her. "We're only staying until tonight and tonight we're flying back to America" she explained. "Then the celebration can begin," I said with a grin and pulled her to my mother. "I will introduce you to my mother. Last time you couldn't really get to know her," I smiled at her. "I'm looking forward to getting to know your mother," she said and let me pull her away.