6|◇|55 days

——————————————————————————
55 days (Yeonji)
——————————————————————————

She was staring outside the window again. Waiting for him to magically appear out of nowhere. She looked for him. For how many years, she searched for him. She doesn't know why she keeps on wasting her time, but she had a gut feeling that it was worth it.

She lost contact of him. And the worst part was she only knows a few things about his appearance and character. You can't blame her, she lost her memories. Mainly because of him.

It was the day he left, he was taken away by his parents to be treated at the states. He didn't want to leave but he had no choice. Like in movies, she ran for his car, but she stopped in the middle of the road.

But it wasn't a movie, there were other cars that eventually hit her. Causing her to have retrograde amnesia. She forgot the recent years she had. She never knew how she got hit, how she met him or how they were back then.

But her journal told her everything. It filled all her questions about her remaining memories of the boy. But the mystery of him leaving her was never written in her diary. So every single day she'd wait for him to come back, even if it took her a few years.

She wanted to at least see him before her lung transplant. Seeing him was enough, enough to make her fight for her life. And there were 55 days left before that surgery, she was hoping to see him within those days.

|Day 1|

Yeji was at their porch, reading a book as she was tired to stare at and wait for nothing.

She was in the middle of re-reading the climax, her favorite part of the book, when she was ever so rudely interrupted. She guessed it was another one of those boys that kept messing with her.

"Yeji-ah"

"What do you want thi—" she cut her words for she was wrong. She found herself deeply gazing at those familiar pair of brown eyes. Wishing she hasn't fallen asleep.

She heard him chuckle, "Yeji-ah" he repeated his words with a smile, but this time, he had teary eyes.

She didn't wait for him to say another word because she already engulfed him in a hug. Her tears naturally flowed out, slightly soaking his shirt.

"Yeonjun-ah..." she said, then continued sobbing. She wished to see him again and thankfully it was granted.

"I'm sorry Yeji, I never got to come back after we left. But thank you, for waiting, it makes me really happy. And now it's my turn to do so."

|Day 5|

She was waiting for him at their porch, just like in the past few days that they hung out. And he didn't break any of his promises, he did come back for her.

"Yeonjunie I want ice cream..." She pleaded when her cravings got to her again. She hoped he would buy her some.

"Let's go to the Ice Cream parlor then. I'll buy some for us." he replied, bringing joy to the girl. He held out his hand and she gladly took it.