9|◇|Ruins of the Past

——————————————————————————
Ruins of the Past (Yunkai)
——————————————————————————

~Kai's POV~

I felt like I was floating a hundred feet from solid ground. I felt the cold wind welcome me as I fly above everything else. I felt so free. It felt surreal.

I am normally like this. I have been flying over every single house in this neighborhood for as long as I could remember.

It was my comfort zone. A place I could rethink all my decisions. Every night I'd do this. I didn't need to sleep. At this point, it isn't an essential in my life.

I'd roam around the whole neighborhood, reminiscing every action I made for years. But I was never really satisfied.

Everytime I'd mindlessly fly over every house, I'd always find it hard to answer my questions, when I should've known the answer.

If I hadn't done that, would I have been better?

If I hadn't done that, would I be rethinking my life decisions?

If I hadn't done that, would I have deserved any of this?

If I hadn't done that... would I still have a chance?

I was in the middle of my deep thoughts when I spotted someone from a far. It was a girl with red hair. She was crying on the rooftop of their house.

I watched how she'd wipe her continuously flowing tears. I watched how she'd stare at the night sky, while the moonlight shined on her. I watched how she'd try to stop sobbing, but she can't.

I watched her. But she never seemed to pay attention to what was happening around her, so she didn't notice me.

Before the night ended, I went back to my house, still letting that girl take over my thoughts.

~3rd Person POV~

This went on for quite a while. He'd fly every night to her house, and he'd see the exact same thing. A red haired girl, sobbing beneath the night sky.

He would observe her. Everytime he'd look at her, he would have the sudden urge to protect her. Something deep inside of him wanted to keep her safe. It wanted to see her laughing instead of crying.

His daily routine of being gloomy and overthinking changed when he saw her. Ever since that night he wouldn't think about his problems and would rather think of her.

She wasn't the prettiest in his opinion, but something about her made his heart flutter.

His mind and subconscious was fighting. His mind kept insisting that he wasn't supposed to care like this. He had his own problems to deal with and he should only focus on that.

But on the other hand, his subconscious kept telling him that he cared, that he unhesitatingly cared for the girl.

But in the end he didn't listen to any of them. He ended up choosing to obey what his heart told him.

He would deal with his problems soon, but not now. He wanted to help her in some way, so she wouldn't end up like him.

Not long after, he was no longer satisfied with just eyeing her from afar. He was too curious to the point that he wanted to meet and talk to her. He wanted to be there beside her and stop her from hurting. Even if he himself was also damaged.