17|♧|A Stimulating Reality

——————————————————————————
A Stimulating Reality
(Taeryeong)
——————————————————————————

He stared blankly at the cream colored ceiling, silence engulfed him as he closed his eyes for the nth time. He was struggling to fall asleep, again. This wasn't new to him, he always found it hard to sleep nowadays. But this time he came prepared.

He opened his bedside drawer and took a container of pills. This was supposed to be his final resort when nothing else worked. And now, he took two sleeping pills from the container and waited for it to take effect.

Slowly, he felt his eyes getting heavier and heavier by the second, wishing to finally have a happy and carefree life before finally shutting his eyes close. Hoping to enjoy something about his life once he wakes up the next day.

He opened his eyes, realizing how his wish was granted. Even just for a small amount of time. His happiness started the moment he decided to enter the shining gates to his very own Dreamland.(A/N I love my references😉)

A blinding white light engulfed him, and the next thing he knew, he was already laying down on his bed, staring at his ever familiar cream colored ceiling. There he discovered that he was settling in an exact replica of the place he called his home.

He knew exactly how to differentiate a dream from reality. And he was sure this was the latter. A dream. A lucid dream, to be specific. A stimulating reality formed by his own imagination. Where he can control anything, or even everything.

He was all alone. But this loneliness never seemed to bother him. Probably because this felt more like home than how it was back when he was awake.

He wandered along the empty streets of the supposed city he lived in. When his legs got tired, he stopped by a bench overlooking the river and decided to rest there. He was amazed by how the gorgeous starry night sparkled while being reflected in the water.

Then all of a sudden, he felt his loneliness fade away. He wasn't alone in this dream.

And out of nowhere, he heard a small muffled voice from afar. Making him look at his back. And there he saw a precious and angelic looking girl, sitting on the sidewalk, staring at the night sky while singing a familiar song.

"I want to lay down by the fire with you
Where souls are glowing, ever warmer too
Your love surrounds me like a lullaby
Singing softly, you were mine oh mine"

Oh how she truly looked like an angel with her sparkling eyes and her somber voice.

His body started moving, making his way near her. Staring at her gorgeous face that was being lit up by the moonlight.

"Moon has never glowed this color
Hearts have never been this close
I've never been more certain
I will love you 'til we're old"

Before she could continue, he had the sudden urge to do it for her.

"Maybe the night holds a little hope for us, dear
Maybe we might want to settle down, just be near
Stay together..."

She flinched when he heard his voice. She turned to her side, only to be welcomed by his gaze. But she didn't look away, she stared back at him, getting lost in his big doe eyes which looked like it held an entire galaxy.

"Maybe the night holds a little hope for us, dear
Maybe we might want to settle down, just be near
Maybe the night holds a little hope for us, dear
Maybe we might want to settle down, just be near
Stay together
Stay together here."