13|♤|Jinxed phenomenon

———————————————————————————
Jinxed Phenomenon (Beomryu)
———————————————————————————

March 13, 2001

"Congratulations sir, it's a very healthy baby boy. But... unfortunately, we're very sorry to inform you that we couldn't save her. She couldn't make it."

•|~❤️~|•

'Once in a blue moon' they say. Blue moons are unique full moons, they're unlike others because they have their own special touch.

Blue moons are said to be origins of good luck. Many people claim that blue moons serve as a lucky charm for them. That every 2-3 years, once a blue moon occurs, something amazing happens to them.

But for him, this wasn't the case. He loathed the blue moon after connecting all the dots. He loathed it because it took everything he ever loved. But he feared it, he feared the day that it'll come again, as he knew someone special to him will once again leave.

He was cursed. The blue moon caused the curse. Ever since the day he was born, his life was already in agony.

Beomgyu is from a wealthy family, with their family's popularity high up in the ranks. People waited for his birth, as they knew it was a special day. But it overshadowed the natural phenomenon.

A blue moon can be rarely seen in it's blue color, and it happened on the day of his birth. When his mom also died.

He overshadowed the rarely seen blue moon. Ever since then, he was cursed, without even knowing why.

Through years and years of repetitive bad luck, he figured it out and concluded that he was indeed cursed by the blue moon.

It wasn't an accident nor a coincidence, because this happened more than five times already. At the very same night a blue moon occurs.

•|~❤️~|•

March 6, 2004

He was three years old when the next blue moon happened. At the same exact night, his brother ended up being on an accident.

He witnessed how his brother fell from the stairs after slipping from spilt water. He was horrified when he saw his brother's face bleeding. The moonlight was shining upon his face through the window.

They took him to the hospital, thankfully he didn't die, but it did make him disabled.

"We are very sorry to say this Mr. Choi, but I'm afraid your son will not be able to walk anymore. But you are fortunate that his brain wasn't damaged by the fall."

He was lucky, but not lucky enough.

•|~❤️~|•

May 12, 2007

Beomgyu was with his brother and aunt, anxiously waiting outside the doctor's office. His father didn't allow them to go inside because he was too scared of the results.

As crazy as it might be, they suspect that his father might be ill. They hoped and prayed that their hunch wasn't true.

But as they waited, he stared at the window that was about 10 feet away from him, and saw how the moonlight was brighter than usual.

He didn't notice how his dad was already in front of them, frowning as he told them what his diagnosis was.

He was still too young to understand. But his dad was seriously ill.