11

Alex's P.O.V.

"Welcome.", I said walking into class, "How was everyone's week of summer?"

"Boring."

"Yeah, we missed class.", Luke added onto Maria. I chuckled,

"Well, you get two weeks to hate me and then another week off. I am glad you all chose to come to summer school instead of going home."

"This is our home now.", Luca shrugged. Sebastian nodded,

"Any of us who still have family, they're here. We don't know where we'd go." I nodded,

"Well, I'm glad we're a family." I sighed, "Welcome to Discipline 101."

"To what!?", Max, Landon and Maria all exclaimed.

"We thought this was mentor class or whatever.", Ashlyn said. Justin nodded,

"What's discipline 101?"

"Just what it sounds like. For the next two weeks, you all will learn how to discipline if you ever choose to, why me and others will discipline you, and rules to discipline."

"Rules?", Justin asked, suddenly invested in my idea I'd come up with two days ago.

"Things that are and aren't okay when you're being disciplined."

"We don't have a say. We're just in trouble. We can't stop anything or change what's gonna happen."

"I know it seems like that, but it's not necessarily true. How many of you have been in detention?" Five hands went up. "Luke what was the first thing you did?" He thought for a second,

"Fill out a weird paper."

"Like this?", I asked pulling out a copy. He nodded. "All of you will be filling this out today and on the last day of class."

"What is it?", Mia asked, passing them back.

"The same thing you filled out in detention. It covers things you're comfortable and not comfortable with and why and most importantly, it covers a safeword."

"What's that?", Maria asked, always the innocent one.

"A safeword is a word you can choose, something abnormal like watermelon, and if anything that happens is ever too much for you, you say that word and I'll stop."

"Always?"

"No matter what?", Max added. I nodded,

"No matter what. Part of being a disciplinarian is agreeing to always put your kids best interests first. I... haven't been the best at that. And I really am sorry for any of you I've truly hurt, in anyway.", I said glancing at Mia. She smiled a little. "I'm gonna do better from now on and having a safeword helps that."

"How?", Justin asked.

"If I'm ever too caught up, I get into a mindset where I'm not paying the best attention. Once I learn them, if I hear anyone's safeword, I'll stop on impulse. It'll bring me back to my senses and I'll stop and calm down."

"I'm guessing we're gonna be spanked a lot in these two weeks.", Luca muttered.

"Likely, yes. I will be more strict on rules. But there will be a lot more understanding going on that I think will help us all in the future. I absolutely plan to keep you guys in class, even if this becomes an after school class. I won't put anyone else in or take anyone out."

"What about new kids? Shouldn't you have them in class?", Mia asked. I nodded,

"And I will. Just not this class. This is a family and you guys were seriously a test run in a lot of ways. I want to keep us as we are and honestly, I'll continue testing classes and things out on you all to see if they'd work for new kids."

"And if it doesn't work?", Luca asked. I shrugged,

"We'll know and I won't repeat it. Not that you all had a choice, but thank you for being my guinea pigs."

"Yeah we love it.", Ashlyn rolled her eyes. Max glared at her,

"Again with the eye rolling?"

"Are you two a thing?", I asked.

"No!"

"Not yet.", Max said as Ashlyn's eyes got big.

"Gross. Back off my friends.", Maria grimaced.

"You don't get to have a say in who I date."

"Ash do you really want to be with him?" Ashlyn looked down, blushing,

"Maybe."

"See!? Bud out of my love life squirt.", Max snapped.

"I'm six months younger than you!"

"Okay guys, chill.", I cut them off, "God, you two bicker like siblings."

"We are siblings.", they both said.

"Wait, seriously?"

"You guys didn't know that?", Maria asked. Everyone shook their heads.

"Wait, if you're siblings, how is he only six months older than you?", I asked. She laughed,

"We're adopted. Our dads are gay."

"First day and I think we need a circle." Everyone quickly did so, their eyes on Maria and Max.

"Dads adopted me when I was a baby.", Max said, "And Maria when she was four."

"He was so mad.", Maria laughed, "Now he loves me.", she said bumping him. He rolled his eyes,

"Yeah yeah. Mostly."

"So where are your dads when you guys are in school?", Luca asked.

"They have an apartment in the city. But they travel for work so when they're here, we spend time together.", Max explained, "They were around all the time when we were little and we really wanted to come here and they get to go after their dreams at the same time. Everyone wins, we just miss each other."

"I wish I had two dads.", Ashlyn muttered, "Maybe one of them would be a decent person."

"I'm offended you don't consider me a dad to you.", I said, faking hurt. She rolled her eyes,

"I-"

SMACK!

Max landed a solid hit on her bare thigh.

"Ow!", she yelped.

"Stop rolling your eyes.", he growled before tugging at her short shorts, "And these are way too short."

"You're not the boss of me Max."

"We'll see about that."

~~~~

"Come in!", I called as Mia knocked on the door to my study.

"Can Ashlyn come over?", she asked walking in. I nodded,

"Of course."

"Good because she's here." I rolled my eyes and got up, going to the kitchen where Ashlyn ate cold pizza from the night before,

"Hi.", she said smiling.

"Hey kid."

"Can I crash here tonight?" I nodded,

"Of course. Any particular reason?"

"Maria said she has to cramps for a test."

"What test?"

"Not sure. But it was clear she wanted me to leave for the night."

"Is everything alright?" She paused, getting a little sad,

"Maria really misses their dads. I think she just needs a night with her brother and I don't wanna bother them anyways." I nodded,

"You'd tell me if something bad was going on, right?"

"Yeah. It's just the question of if she'd tell either of us."

"Would she?", I asked softly.

"I don't think so."