39

Mia's P.O.V.

"Hello?"

"Mia?", a nurse asked coming in.

"Yeah. What happened?"

"You've been in a coma. You-You tried to kill yourself sweetie."

"Oh. H-How long?"

"Two years."

~~~~

"Hey."

"Hi.", I whispered.

"Remember me?"

"Unfortunately.", I rolled my eyes. Jake shook his head, hugging me,

"I missed you so much. I was so fucking scared."

"I missed you too bubba. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay."

"What's happened since?" He sat on the edge of the bed, petting my hair,

"Zayn moved to Italy with his family. He's on a plane back right now. Maria ended up putting the baby up for adoption, then she disappeared. Dad... has been like a robot since he found you."

"He-He found me?" Jake nodded,

"Yeah. He was so fucked up Mia. That's the second time a kid- one of his kids- Has tried to kill themself because of his fuck ups." He paused, "Allison went back to Tennessee. Lily and dad postponed the wedding. They weren't gonna have it without you. Maverick is okay. Dad actually opened two more schools in the past two years. A college and an elementary."

"How's Emmy?"

"Rambunctious.", he chuckled, "She came to see you every other day. She misses you a lot."

"I miss her too."

"Do-Do you wanna see dad?" I shrugged,

"He was never my dad Jake. I'll see him, but he isn't my dad."

"Will you please move back in?", he whispered.

"She doesn't have a choice." I looked up as Alex walked in. He looked as if he'd aged ten years in two. "I'm still your legal guardian. What you call me is irrelevant, you're moving in and I swear to god your not leaving ever if I can stop you.", he whispered, "I can never fix this. It's my job to fix things and I can't fix this. I'm sorry I can't fix this Mia. I'm sorry I caused it."

"Can-Can I just have a hug?", I caved after apparently two years.

"Yes. Of course.", he muttered, rushing over and doing so, "I love you so much. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I broke my promises. I'm so sorry I hurt you. I love you so much baby. I never wanted to hurt you."

"You promised you wouldn't leave me.", my voice cracked.

"I-I know. I'm so sorry.", his did too, "You're gonna be okay. We're gonna be okay. I'm gonna do everything to fix it."

"I know."

Alex's P.O.V.

"Babe?", Lily said softly, "How you doing?" I sat next to her on the bed,

"I-I don't know." She nodded, laying her head on my shoulder as I hugged her tightly, "I hate myself.", I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes, "I-I was supposed to protect her. I promised her so many things. I broke all of them. I broke my own kid. She almost died and it's all my fault."

"Alex, you cannot fix everything. Not everything can be on your shoulders. Was part of this on you? Absolutely. But Mia trying to kill herself was not. You can regain her trust and make new promises you'll keep. You can fix this Alex, it'll just take some time and a lot of love. And you and I both know you have plenty of that." I nodded a little,