Chapter 6

Afrah's POV

"So, what time are you leaving with the boss? Will you be coming back?" Martina asks as we eat our lunch.

"Around 3 pm and whether I will be back or not, depends on how long the meeting lasts. Anyway, I'm sure the boss will make me come back to do more work," I shrug kind of used to him now.

"It's time to go," She looks at her watch. "If I don't get to see you later today, then until tomorrow." She smiles before leaving. I get up as well and make my way to the upper floor with my coffee in hand. I sit down on my chair and roll around. I can be childish sometimes. But who cares?
Suddenly I hear someone clear their throat. Time to get scolded again! I stop the chair and look to realise it isn't the boss. It is Mr Freya.

"Oh, hey, " I greet.

"Come with me,"

"To where?"

"To meet the computing team on the second floor. Didn't Mr Junaid tell you about it?"

"Oh, he mentioned," I get up and follow him to the elevator.

"They will be helping us with our new task."

"Task? You're making this sound more complicated than it already is. And why does Mr Junaid even care so much about Sayan factory to the point of wanting to go undercover to find information?"

"Stop asking questions and come with me, I don't want to keep you long. You still have work to complete before the meeting." He informs when we leave the elevator. There was a huge glass separating us from the computing room. The room was all made of glass so we could see everything from the outside. When they mentioned the computing team, I imagined a bunch of people in a room. But here there were not more than twenty people and they were all busy with computers.

"Woah," I find myself saying as I approached the glass. "Can we go in?"
He smiles before touching the glass as if he was typing something. Wait, Is that a password on a glass? "What did you just do?" I ask as the door automatically opens as soon as he is done typing.

"Welcome to the brain of this company! Here you can find any information you'd like about us, of course, we must keep this room and these people safe. So only the ones who know the password can enter." Mr Freya explains before approaching a man who is right at the front row. "This is Mr Smith, the head of the computing team. Whatever you need, let him know and he will pass it on to the team." He presents and Mr Smith gives me a smile.

"I'm Afrah, nice to meet you." I present myself.

I got to meet a few of the people there before going back to the first floor with Mr Freya.

"By the way, you haven't told me what you do here," I point out.

"I'm the manager of the engineering team on the final floor. All the company's technology is made by us.

"You have such an important role, no wonder I barely see you here. Anyway, I would have never imagined you'd be the one putting pieces together all day."

"That hurt," He jokes by putting his hand on his chest.

"I'm sorry, it's just that you kind of look like a joke-around type of guy, except on the interview day...Oops," I make an apologetical expression. "Did I make it worse?" I ask and he nods. "I'm so sorry," I put my hand on his shoulder. "I really didn't mean to,"

"I'm joking. My feelings don't get hurt that easily, especially by a nuisance," He smiles and I huff in disbelief.

"Ugh. You remind me of somebody I dislike,"