Chapter 32

Afrah's POV

I get up feeling unrested, although I slept a lot last night, including the evening nap, and head to the shower to start off my day with warm water.
I spend not more than thirty minutes there and go put on my work clothes. At least the ones I find suitable for work. After thinking about it a lot last night, I came to the conclusion that there is no reason for me to continue causing a whole drama just because of my feelings for my boss. I need to make a living and eventually sort out my life and live like every other ordinary woman in their twenties. Even if that includes working at Junaid's company for a long period of time. If I try hard, my feelings for him will eventually fade away. Starting from today, In Shaa Allah.

I make my way to the kitchen to find Junaid pouring himself some coffee in a mug. It's 7:20 am, he's probably going to work soon, as well.

"Assalamualeikum." I greet, which only then he noticed me.

"Waaleikumum Salam," He answered back and I realized this time he wasn't acting like nothing ever happened the night before. The air felt strange between us and it almost seemed like he was uncomfortable near me. I used to be the one feeling like that but looks like this time we swapped roles. I'm going to act like nothing ever happened last night.

"Why are you up so early?" He asks without looking at me.

"I'm going to start work today," I answer before going to the coffee machine which is where he was. "Excuse me," I look at him for him to move to the side a little, so I can make my coffee. It took him a while to process my request but he ended up giving me the space I needed. "By the way, can you give me a ride?" I ask after I had my coffee in hand. "Where's the toaster?" I continue, without letting him answer to my previous question. I noticed if I'm not the one talking, it will feel even more awkward between us because it didn't seem like he wanted to talk.

"Over there," He answers, this time without delay.

"Should I make you one too?" I ask, noticing he was only drinking the coffee. "You shouldn't go to work without breakfast. It's scientifically proven that breakfast helps increase your blood sugar levels which give you energy. And in this case, you need it more than us, after all, you're the boss." I say while I make our toasts, without turning to see his expression.

"You don't need to try so hard, nothing happened last night." I hear him say, which made me stop what I was doing for a few seconds because I didn't expect him to talk about it so casually.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I know that we're going to be late if we don't hurry," I turn to give him my best smile. "Here," I hand him his toast on a small plate and then walk my way to the balcony. "Hope you like it... What's wrong?" I ask, noticing he wouldn't join me at the balcony. He then seats his plate on the table and makes his way out of the kitchen.

"I will be waiting in the car." He finalises before he was out of sight.

I exhale while using my hand like a fan to cool myself down, realising that my temperature had risen just because of him. The truth is that I was as uncomfortable as he was, I just managed to hide it better.

I finish my breakfast and walk my way to Junaid's car, who was already there waiting for me.

"Sorry for making you wait, we can go now," I tell him as I put my seatbelt on. He drives off and not long after, we arrive at the company.

I greet Samuel at the reception before going upstairs with Junaid. Although it felt awkward going all the way without a single word, I am tired of being the only one trying.

"What is going on?" Nicole asks as she sees me leave the elevator with Junaid. "Why are you two coming together?" She smirks maliciously.

"Did you get what I asked you?" Junaid asks her.