Chapter 48

Afrah's POV

Today is the happiest day of my life yet it is also the most stressful day of my life. Saniya had a double job, doing my makeup and keeping me calm. I guess keeping me calm was the hardest part for her.

"Stay still or you'll ruin the liner," Saniya tells me for the hundredth time.

"I'm nervous okay," I exhale impatiently, "You'll know how I feel once you're in my place next week," I say, reminding her of her own wedding with Bilal, next week. Of course she hadn't forgotten, I'm just giving her a picture of why I'm so nervous. I'm sure she'll finally understand me next week.

After Junaid left the hospital, we scheduled the Nikah for a month later because I wanted to make sure he'd be fully recovered for our wedding. Meanwhile, Martina and Marcus got married about a week and a half later and now it was my turn. Martina has been-there-done-that, so she's the one I needed by my side the most, but God-knows-where that girl is, right now. She's been way too busy ever since she got married. I wonder why "wink, wink". Another one who's been very strange lately, is Nicole. She agreed to stay until after Saniya's wedding and until Samuel sorted things out with the NCA so they could go together to France, but she hasn't spoken to me about the progress ever since and I haven't seen her with Samuel for quite a while now.

"Ahhh!!" I hear a cheerful scream coming inside the room. I couldn't see since Saniya was still doing my makeup. She should honestly become a makeup artist. Her skills are beyond professional.

"Assalamualeikum." Saniya greets whoever are the people who just came in.

"Who's that?" I ask Saniya.

"Martina, Aidah, baby Malik and your mum." Saniya answers and I imagine the room is almost packed at this point.

"How is our soon-to-be-wife, in exactly one hour?" Aidah cheerfully says only making me even more nervous.

"She's nervous, for some unknown reason," Saniya answers for me.

"Don't take that lightly Saniya, it's a nerve-wracking moment. Don't worry, you'll be in her shoe next week." Martina tells her.

"You're looking so beautiful my darling." My mum rolls her wheelchair nearer to me.

"Thank you, mum." I offer her a small smile.

"I hope I'm not late. I can explain the reason." Nicole bursts in and starts talking before I could complain. "I was stuck in traffic and then I remembered a shortcut that would make me get here faster, without knowing that the shortcut was blocked due to roadwork which made me arrive even later." She hurries to explain gaining a smile from me, "But damn, you girl! Looking fine like a chocolate cake." She says stepping closer gaining a laugh from the girls.

***

And the moment I feared the most, yet I wished for the most, is finally here. I'm sitting next to Junaid while saying our "do's" to one another. If there would be no wedding party after the nikah, I would've been satisfied enough because the nikah is all I needed to know that I am finally his and he is finally mine.

During the party, although I knew I was free to be by Junaid as close as I wanted to, it still didn't feel real. I couldn't believe that the 'no touching rule' was finally over. I think it will take me a while to process that in my head.

Everybody seemed to be having fun, including Junaid, but in my mind, I only had one question. How am I going to react when we get home? I'm sure I won't be able to hide how nervous I feel. And the thoughts of the consummation night will be filling my mind. We don't have to do it today, right? Wait, what are you scared of Afrah? You've been yearning for this moment all along, why are you so paranoid right now? Let it flow the way it's meant to. I try to mentally advise myself.