Chapter 8

Afrah's POV

"How's your new workplace?" Saniya asks before biting on her cheese sandwich.

"Not bad I guess, It just feels weird."

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind. How's Mr Cameron?"

"He seems to be more annoying now that you left. Please come back,"

"I really wish I could."

"How's Assad?" She asks and I look at her confused. "Um, Ruqiah told me that was the boss' name when she gave everybody the business cards." She explains herself to clear my confusion.

"He's not bad. I don't know, I can't describe him. He's just unpredictable, one day he's all arrogant and the other he acts calm, although I can't deny that he's super handsome." I decided to give him a compliment after having only said bad things about him.

"Handsome? I see," She smiles. "Just don't fall for him, he's your boss."

"Even if he wasn't my boss, I wouldn't fall for him."

"That's good then."

"Why? What do you mean, good? What's so wrong about it?" I question, curious, due to the fact that she seemed relieved when I told her that I wouldn't fall for Junaid.

"No, nothing, it's just_" She starts talking but my phone soon rings.

"Hello...Martina?" There is no response. "Martina where are you?" I ask due to the amount of noise there.

"Junaid needs you, hurry up please..." The call kept on cutting and she was breathing heavily.

"What are you talking about?"

"Call the police to the company...they are trying to_" She was talking but suddenly stopped as if she had fallen to the floor and suddenly I heard a scream. That wasn't just a scream from falling down. She was afraid.

"Martina?" I call out her name but she doesn't answer.

"You're going to serve as a hostage until we find her." I hear the voice of a man on the other side of the phone.

"Is everything alright?" Saniya asks.

"No."

I dial 999 and tell them that there is an emergency at AZ Electronics, before getting up.

"Where are you going?" Saniya follows me.

"Can you give me a ride to my workplace?"

"What happened?"

"I can't explain anything because I am confused myself."

"Let's go." She notices the worry in my voice and hurries to her car.

When we arrive, the police cars are already there. I see a man run past the car I am in. He is stumbling as he runs. That's when I notice that he is injured. He holds his stomach while with a painful expression. I recognized him almost immediately, he was one of the plumbers. This time his face isn't covered. Meanwhile, his colleague is being arrested for some reason. There is no sign of the third man that was with them.

"Don't go." Saniya holds my hand when I am about to leave the car.

"I will call you back later, thank you for the ride." I leave without waiting for her response. I try to go inside the company but the officers stop me, barring the passage.

"You can't go any further, if you have a family member in there you'll have to wait until we rescue them." He states and that's when I notice the ambulances.