Epilogue

5 Years Later

Afrah's POV

"Good Morning, Mrs Zayan," My secretary opens a smile as soon as she sees me.

"Good Morning, Aisha," I smile back, joyfully.

"Someone is happy. Is it today that the A-family will be reunited again?" She looks at me maliciously as I couldn't even hide how happy I felt.

"Has my mum arrived?" I ask, ignoring her malicious eyes on me.

"Yes, the chairwoman arrived and she's in her office."

"But I told her not to come today," I say and Aisha shrugs as I look at her in confusion, "Did you do what I asked you? About the meetings?" I ask grabbing the plastic-wallet folder with important documents which she had kindly organised for me.

"Yes, all sorted. I postponed them for within a month time. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time off." Her smile widens as she continues to tease.

"You're a bit sassy today, aren't you, Miss Aisha Nadeen? Let's get back to work, shall we?" I offer her a smile and she chuckles as I enter my office.

After getting married to Junaid, I tried to go into culinary school as that had been my dream ever since I was young. I can't deny that I was enjoying it, but as time went on, I realised that it just wasn't for me. Not because it was hard or anything similar, I even had the skills for it and graduated as one of the top students, but I found myself missing all the secretary work, especially the company work. Thomas gave Zayan Industries (Sayan Factory) back to my mum, but she didn't think she was capable of running it on her own. She asked me to come and help her. During my stay in Zayan Industries, I came to the conclusion that that was my field. Just like my mum, I wanted to run our family business and keep the business running in our family. I never once thought of owning Zayan Industries, but after my mum offered me the CEO position, literally begging me to take her place, I considered it. And now here I am. I've been running Zayan industries for almost two years now and although the role of a CEO isn't easy at all, I've got nothing else to complain about. My work life is going smoothly and I seem to be surviving in the business area. Of course, my mum and Junaid helped me whenever I needed it. My only condition to accept the CEO position was that my mum stayed in the company as the chairwoman and she agreed to it which made everything less stressful for me.

Aisha Nadeen has been my secretary ever since I started working here. She also helped me a lot and I'm forever thankful to her. To be honest, she was just an apprentice when she joined and after her study period ended, I offered her a permanent job here. She's not only a secretary to me, but she's also a friend and a little sister to me. She's now 24 years old and engaged to another one of my employees.

Junaid would be coming back from the UK, after spending a whole month there. After getting married to Junaid, I realised why the term businessman has got the word busy in it. Their life isn't easy, at all. But I can't complain, I've got everything anyone could wish for. A loving husband, a stable life and last but most importantly, my precious three-year-old daughter, Aaliyah Junaid.

People call us the A-family since all our names start with A. Assad, Afrah and Aaliyah. Although it wasn't planned.

I reluctantly came to work today, knowing that the butterflies in my stomach would make it difficult for me to concentrate on my job. Fortunately, I cancelled all the important meetings for when I'm back and I'm more than free to be by Junaid when he arrives in Canada today. We moved to Canada when I accepted the CEO position in Zayan Industries.

"Aisha, bring me the files for the accounts payable, please," I tell her over the phone and in no time she's knocking at my door.

"Here are all the files for the accounts payable and some coffee, Mrs Zayan." She leaves them on top of my desk and I give her a smile before she left the room.