Chapter 12

Afrah's POV

I sit up straight on Junaid's bed while I still cover my face with my hands. I wanted to disappear somehow without needing to walk out through the door but I knew it was impossible.

"You do it on purpose, don't you? If you're that desperate to see me in a towel let me know and we'll schedule it." I hear him say full of irony.

"Do you really think I'm having fun with this? Besides, it's all your fault." I uncover my eyes while standing up straight to face him, but as soon as my eyes land on that perfectly structured body of his, I turn around, so I wouldn't be facing him anymore. I can't afford any dirty thoughts crossing my mind right now. "Why can't you just dress up in the bathroom?"

"How am I supposed to know that a pervert girl would come in here?"

"I just came to give you this," I leave the folder on top of his bed. "And I want to tell you something so please dress up and let's talk."

"Does it bother you that much?" I hear his tone of amusement and somehow I knew he was smiling right now. His voice was so audible due to his nearness, I knew he had stepped closer. It gave me goosebumps all over my body.

I ignore what he said and rush to the door, leaving the room. That was so embarrassing! I wish he was just like one of those old, chubby and arrogant CEOs. It would have been less embarrassing. But with his figure, I just can't help staring at him the way I did. He is not stupid. He has definitely noticed how weak and vulnerable I feel whenever I see him leave the shower, especially when he gets that close to me.

"Come in," He opens the door for me after a while once he is fully dressed. "What do you want to tell me?" He closes the door once I'm in.

"I just wanted to thank you for letting the thing with my brother go, and for allowing him to come to this trip with us," I say.

"I didn't do it for you, so you don't need to thank me." He grabs the black folder I brought and starts looking through it.

"Why do you always have to backfire? Just accept that you are a good person and stop acting otherwise." I find myself saying.

"Alright, I accept the fact that you're grateful. Now please leave." He doesn't bother to look at me for long, and I have realised that it is a habit of his to just be doing something else whenever he's talking to me.

"You never look at me." I accidentally say it out loud. "Why can't you look at me?" I step closer towards him and he closes the folder, lifting his head up to face me, finally. "You're always on the computer whenever I come to the office and now you're just flipping through the pages inside the folder, avoiding me again. I thought it was just the way you are, but I noticed you only do it with me. You just can't look me in the eyes." I continue trying to ignore my subconscious asking me to shut up.

"Do you think you're that special?" He mocks.

"I don't think I'm special at all, that's exactly why I want an explanation. I'm sure there's a clear reason for it."

There was no answer. He just looked at me with that intense gaze like the last few times. He avoids my eyes but when he meets them, it's like he can't stop looking. His mind wanders. And I wonder what it is that he thinks about.

"Please leave." He ends up speaking after a while.

"Either way, thank you for being comprehensive with my brother these days." I try to push the thought to the back of my head and change the subject.

"Have you eaten?" He asks, stopping me from leaving.

I turn back to face him. I wasn't expecting that question. But I can't deny that it was nice of him to ask.