Foster Home

Danny's life was complicated to say the very least, his family gave him away when he was four. Then the government made him into an experiment at five, he ran away when he was eleven and got caught by the police three months later. He was sent to an orphanage and stayed there for about two years, the scars from that time were still there.

He ran away again and got sent to a foster home, he kept running away and got sent to more foster homes. He's been to one orphanages and fifteen foster homes, he never stayed more then a week in each one. Danny had run away from an orphanage about two weeks ago and ran away to Gotham, to top it all off he was hurt.

Some guy tried to kidnap him and he got shot twice because he hadn't been paying attention, that's when the police caught him. He wouldn't let them touch him so he took care of the wounds himself and was now sitting in some guy's office. The guy walked in carrying a file and some papers, "Hi Danny, I'm Rick."

Danny gave him an unimpressed look and crossed his arms which seemed to throw Rick off his game ever so slightly. He did his best to smile, "So according to your file you were found in Gotham about five years ago. You ran away from the orphanage after two years and never stayed that long anywhere again."

He put down the file, "Why do you keep running Danny?"

"Why the fuck do you care?"

Rick sighed, "Look, we've already contacted a foster home and they've agreed to take you in, at least give them a chance."

Danny just rolled his eyes, he'd only go there to get them off his back and then leave again before they could find him. Two officers went with him and Rick to bring him to this new foster home, it was getting a bit late but all the lights in the house were on. One of the officers knocked on the door and a woman answered it, Rick smiled, "Mrs. Colin, this is Danny, the kid we called you about."

Danny glared at him, "Call me kid again and see what happens."

Mrs. Colin ignored the threat on Rick and smiled, "Hi Danny, I'm Mary."

A man came to the door, "Who's at the door Mary?"

Mary smiled at him, "John, this is Danny."

John smiled at Danny, "Hey Danny."

Danny just glared at him but he didn't seem phased, Rick and the two officers left and Mary led Danny inside. Two kids ran up and the girl spoke, "Is he here yet?"

John gestured to Danny, "Yup."

The two smiled at him and they hugged him, Danny didn't make any indication that he was in pain. An older girl who looked to be about seventeen walked in and saw the two hugging Danny who seemed very unhappy about it. She spoke, "Emma, Liam, let him go."

The two let him go and she smiled at him, "Sorry, they really like hugging people."

"I noticed."

She held out her hand, "I'm Isabella, you can call me Izzy."

Danny didn't shake her hand and she frowned slightly before putting her hand down, then a boy of about fourteen walked in. "Dad, can you help me with this problem?"

John looked at the boy, "In a minute Lucas, meet Danny."

Danny took a quick look at the problem Lucas was asking about Lucas looked a bit shy but he still waved. Danny then noticed that Lucas's arm was broken, John looked at the problem on the worksheet. "I can't really remember how to do this."

Danny growled to himself quietly, "The height's seven."

Mary looked at Danny, "What?"

"You have to find the height, which is seven, then multiply the base and the height and divide that by two to find the area of the triangle."

John looked surprised and he handed Lucas the worksheet, "Does that help?"

Lucas nodded and left the room, Mary smiled at Danny, "I'll show you where your room is."

Danny just followed her and she led him upstairs and to the room at the end of the hall, the other rooms had the names of the other kids on them. The two younger kids shared a room so he guessed that they were twins, Lucas and Isabella had their own rooms. The door at the end of the hall didn't have a name on it, Mary opened the door and spoke, "This is your room."

Danny looked around without saying a word and Mary continued, "You can put your name on the door later."

Danny mumbled to himself, "Not going to be around long enough for that."

Mary looked confused, "What was that?"

"Doesn't matter."

Mary smiled a little, "I'll let you get settled, dinner's in half an hour."

She then closed the door and Danny groaned before sitting on the bed and taking out a small notebook from his pocket. He didn't come to Gotham for no reason, he heard about something the government had found. They were moving it to a base just outside of Gotham and he was going to figure out what it was.

It was being moved in three days which would give him plenty of time to check the place out and look for easy access points. He'd been tracking it's progress, he was pretty sure it was being taken here because the base was better equipped for studying subjects. Danny was so busy thinking that when someone knocked on his door he realized half an hour had already passed.

Danny put the notebook away and got up, Isabella had come to get him and she led him downstairs. The others were putting things on the table and they all sat down, Danny did so reluctantly. Danny didn't feel like eating and the others started to eat, after a few minutes of them talking to each other John looked at Danny.

"So Danny, what's your take on superheroes?"

Danny raised an eyebrow, "Superheroes?"

John nodded, "We all like superheroes, though we can never agree on which one's the best."

Liam immediately insisted that Superman was better, Isabella said Wonder Woman, Lucas said Green Lantern, and Emma said Hawk Girl. Mary said she liked Black Canary and John laughed, "Personally I like Flash, so who's your favorite Danny?"

Danny looked irritated now, "They're overrated."

Now they all looked confused and Mary spoke, "Why do you say that?"

"They're a bunch of super powered pricks that act better then the people they fight just because they break bones instead of killing people. People look at them like they're gods when the truth is god is dead and we killed him if he was even real to begin with. But it's our own fucking fault because we can't see that life is a lie and death is the only truth there really is."

Now everyone looked stunned, but more then that they almost looked sad, Danny just stood up and left the room. He went up to his temporary room and waited for it to get dark while ignoring anyone that tried to get him to open the door. At ten he opened the window and jumped out, he got farther away from the house before teleporting outside of town.

He found the base and hid in the forest outside, he watched the base until the sun started to come up. He'd written everything down that he noticed from when guards changed shifts to possible points of entry. Then he headed back to the house and wondered what they were transporting, well he'd figure it out soon enough.