o n e

three years ago:

"uh hi, josephine right?" the boy asks me and i nod at him, he's pretty cute.
"i was wondering if i could have your number?" he asks
"yeah sure" i reply, my heart is racing. this is the first cute boy that has asked for my number in a while.
"could you put it in my phone?" he asks, his voice is soft.
he passes me his phone and i put my number into his phone.
"i'll text you" he says with a wide smile on his face and he walks off

hero; hi, it's hero - the boy who asked for your number.

josephine; oh hello there

josephine; your name is cute

hero; thank you... how're you?

josephine; i'm great thank you, how're you?

hero; i'm good

josephine; you're in my math class right?

hero; yup along with bio and chem

josephine; oh wow i didn't realise, i'm always sitting in the front of the class.

hero; yeah i noticed, i was kinda scared to ask for your number to be honest since you're mrs popular.

hero; and you look like a friendly face, i mean hopefully we could be friends?

josephine; aw thank you! yeah totally, i would love to get to know you and you should've asked sooner. i'm not scary or popular i guess, i'm just well known.

hero; but you're popularrrr

josephine; no i'm notttt :(

hero; anyway..

hero; what's your favourite song?

josephine; daddy issues

josephine; whaha it's by the neighbourhood

hero; i love the neighbourhood, i've never actually met someone who listens to them. do you listen to frank ocean?

josephine; yeah i do, godspeed is my favourite by him. what's yours?

hero; white or bad religion

josephine; oh they're good songs.

i put my phone down beside me and close my eyes - i'm laying on my bed and i sigh, he seems like a nice guy - what's the worst that could happen apart from him hurting me...