f i v e

three years ago;

my eyes flutter open and as soon as i open my eye: and look at my wall in front of me, squinting and it's 3:30pm.
fuck why were we asleep for so long? i look over at hero and he's still asleep, he looks so soft when he's sleeping.
i had a good nights sleep, in fact; this is the first night in months that i haven't woken up after having nightmares.

hero's arms are still resting on my waist and our legs are tangled, i feel so small next to him. i look up at him and admire how perfect he is. i plant a light kiss on his cheek, praying that he doesn't feel it and wakes up - i'd hate to disturb him from his sleep.

it doesn't take long until i have a headache since i drank the night before, i really should go downstairs to get some advil but i don't want to move so i'll get some later - i'd much rather be in hero's arms.

"why're so perfect?" i ask the sleeping boy
his eyes slowly open and he looks down at me, a smile growing on his face.
"because i'm hero fiennes tiffin duh" he answers my question causing my face to heat. his voice is raspy and it's deeper than usual, it's soothing.

he's distracting me from the fact that i have a killer headache, i guess that's a good thing.
"good morning beautiful" he says to me, pulling my body closer to his.
"good morning" i reply, this is like something out of a cheesy romance movie.
"what's the time" he asks
"4pm" his eyes widen
"yup"
"i gotta text my mom, she's going to be so mad - i told her i was sleeping over here but ugh" he says, grabbing his phone from the side table.

he'll probably have to leave soon which makes me sad but i need to prepare for the school day tomorrow. hero calls his mom instead of texting her, she wasn't mad which was good.

we're currently in the kitchen, i'm sitting on the counter top eating frosted flakes and hero's eating cinnamon toast crunch - he's wearing the clothes he had on yesterday, hero's leaving soon which makes me sad but he isn't here forever and i'll see him in school tomorrow.

"have you taken some advil?" he asks me and i nod
"my head isn't hurting as much, since i'm eating and i've drank some water" i tell him, taking another mouthful of my cereal.
"make sure you take another one in a few hours"
he genuinely cares about me, or maybe that's who he is.. i think it's both. he has such a genuine heart and i'm glad to call him my friend because he is so precious.

hero stands between my legs, i'm still sitting up on the countertop.
"so last night" he says
"mhm?"
"do you remember anything?" he asks
"uhh maybe" i say, my cheeks flush at the memory of me kissing hero

i run my fingers through his soft brown hair and he looks at me with that cheeky smile on his face.
"would you like to continue whatever you started?" he questions, winking at me
"ewww hero stop being cringe" i say giggling, he knows i'm joking.
"oh shut up you love it" he replies slapping my arm playfully, making me laugh.
"so would you?" he asks again and i nod.

i jump down off of the countertop and hero gives me a gentle smile, i move to where he's standing and stand on my tippy toes and before i know it - our lips are attached, this feels so good but it feels so wrong. our lips move in sync with each other and my body calms down when i'm used to the feeling.

"that was uhh" hero says
"you prick" i fake kick him in his balls and burst out into laughter.
hero grabs my arm and pulls me closer to him and cups my face in his huge hands.
"kiss me again you fool" he mumbles and i move my arms around his neck, resting them there - i'm on my tiptoes which makes me feel even more short.

hero left a few hours ago, it's currently 10pm - i'm going to bed soon, i've sorted my outfit tomorrow, made sure all homework is completed and i'm currently texting hero. i climb out of bed and go to the bathroom, bringing my phone with me - i notice a black hoodie on the door and i realise it's hero's, i unlock my phone and tell him that he's left his hoodie here.

josephine; you left your hoodie here

hero; oh i did?

hero; sike bitch i knew i left it there

hero; i done it on PURPOSE

josephine; why sir

hero; check the pocket

i put my hand in the pocket and there's a $20 bill in there, i'm slightly confused.

josephine; $20 ?

hero; yeah, check the other pocket now

this boy has me doing a whole mission for him, i put my hand in the other pocket and there's a neon yellow sticky note which is folded, i unfold it and a huge smile grows on my face when i see his writing. i begin to read it;
$20 for your vanilla latte tomorrow morning and your chocolate muffin for breakfast and the hoodie for you to wear.. if you would like to wear it

my heart warms when i read the note, that is so cute that he'd do something like that - i pick my phone up from the bathroom worktop thing and text hero back.

josephine; oh my god

hero; what's wronggg

hero; are ye okay?

josephine; that's so cute, thank you so much

hero; its fine dw bout it

josephine; your hoodie smells like you

hero; yeaaaa bro because i wore it

josephine; i'm wearing it now

josephine; smells very nice

hero; (;

josephine; hey you stole my face ):

hero; can we share the face? (:

josephine; ugh okay ):

josephine; sike i don't mind sharing because it's you (:

hero; (;

josephine; goodnight, i'm going to sleep i hope you have a good sleep

josephine; i'll see ya tomorrow x

hero; goodnight love xxxxx