t w e n t y - o n e

twelve months ago;

i'm awoken to the sound of my usual alarm, i grab my phone from the bedside table and press the dismiss button on the alarm, my eyes still closed. i groan and lay back next to my boyfriend who is still asleep. it's 8am but today is my day to sleep, i wriggle myself back into hero's arms and screw my eyes shut.

i feel hero's hands move from my waist and down to my butt, and i chuckle lightly.
"i know you're awake" i whisper and hero opens his eyes, the sound of our laugh is so pure.
"you okay?" i ask my boyfriend and he nods, moving his head down to kiss my forehead.
"are you?"
"yeah i'm fine"

"what's the plan for today!" i question and hero closes his eyes.
"so i guess we're sleeping in" i add and lay back down.
"isn't your mom home? the house is so quiet" he shakes his head and a smirk grows on his face.
"she went to the mall for some new clothes and new shoes for jamie" hero tells me
"so she's going to be gone for a few hours" hero adds on and raises his eyebrows. i shake my head at him because there's no way i'm having with him sex at his moms house.

"i brought this really nice pyjama set, i'm just going to wear it home since i'm only getting in the car and then out of the car" i tell my boyfriend and he nods.
"show me it"

i climb out of hero's bed and grab my overnight bag, i pull out the soft shorts and tank top, along with the cardigan thing and throw it at hero.
"these are cute" hero compliments
"i hope they're comfortable"

"should we go out and get breakfast?" hero asks and i scrunch my face, i don't want to eat.
"you're eating" he adds sternly
"no" i turn my body around and chuckle, hero turns my body back; facing him
"yes you are"
"if you say so" i reply with a smug smile on my face
"so where we going?" i ask my boyfriend and a smirk grows on his face, he knows he will always win with me.

"anywhere you'd like" hero mumbles and i groan
"you decide"
"mmm starbucks?" he suggests and i nod.
"did you only bring those pyjamas?" hero asks and i furrow my brows for a second, trying to remember if those were the only clothes i brought.
"yeah, i thought i was only getting in and out of the car" i explain

"well we can go to starbucks and we'll sit in the car park because i'm not having anyone see you with that on" hero tells me, i chuckle
"you're mine and mine only" he whispers in my ear before climbing out of bed and leaving the room
"put some shorts on at least!" i yell and i hear heros footsteps nearing to his room
"no ones home" he reminds and clicks his teeth before going off again

i drag myself out of bed, spending time with hero has really made me feel better about myself. i head to the bathroom and hero is in there, brushing his teeth. i pull the door open, i don't close it behind me since martha isn't home. i peel my shirt off of my body.. well hero's shirt. my bra follows; as does my underwear.

"what're you doing?" hero questions
"getting in the shower duhh" i stays like it's obvious.
i climb into the shower, pulling the shower curtain and turn the water on; the water surprises me when it hits my skin; making me shiver slightly.
"room for one more?" hero asks, poking his head through the shower curtain.
"yeah go on then" i sigh

seconds later, hero is in the shower and steam fills the room.
"saving water" hero states making me laugh, i lean over and pick up my shampoo bottle and hero slaps my butt
"excuse me" i shriek and burst into laughter.
"sorry i had to"

after i washed my hair and cleaned my body, i got out of the shower and changed into my new pyjamas.

hero currently is in his closet complaining that he doesn't know what to wear.
"jo i don't know what to wear" hero moans for the tenth time and i throw my towel at him
"just shut up and get anything on"

he throws the towel onto the floor and i glare at him, hero goes over and puts the towel in the wash basket and i chuckle.
"oh fuck you look hot" hero mumbles, moving his arms around my waist
"thank you, now let me do my hair now and you go and change" i tap his nose and head back into the bathroom. i take a picture in the mirror for my instagram and i'll post it later.

~

we're sitting in my front yard now, because sitting in the starbucks car park didn't sit too well with hero since there was a group of guys staring at me when i got out of the car. we finished our drinks in the car but he got a caramel frappe and i got an iced latte, we also ate blueberry muffins for breakfast.

"hero" my boyfriend looks up at my and smiles and i take a picture of him for my instagram story, he looks so cute.
"that's so cute" i remark and show my boyfriend the picture i just took of him, he scrunches his face.
"i'm posting it anyway" i chuckle

"are you staying here tonight" i ask my boyfriend, taking a seat next to him

"you busy?" he questions
"i've got a video to film tonight, i've got a meeting tomorrow morning but it's only over zoom so i don't have to leave the house and then i gotta edit and post my video by afternoon tomorrow" i explain and hero nods
"i don't want to disturb you"
"you won't be disturbing meeee" i say, straddling him.
"fine then" he gives in.

hero cups my face in his hands and locks his lips with mine, i run my hand through his soft brown hair. i feel his hand running up my thigh, butterflies rising in my stomach.

"let's go inside" hero mumbles and carries me inside.

josephinelangford; sun and moon