f o u r

three years ago;

today is the day of the halloween party and i'm so excited. it's saturday so we don't have school, hero is coming over to my house since my mom isn't in town at the moment - she's out in brazil, expanding her hair product company. she's not home much anyway, she's always out of the country so i'm used to it. my sister katherine is also never home because she's an actress and she doesn't live with us anymore - she lives in la.

hero and i decided that that i'm going to be an angel and he's going to be a devil, cringy i know but we're going to look cute.

as i finish brushing through my hair, i hear a loud knock on the door.. hero. i try to contain my excitement and race down the stairs, open the door as calmly as i can.
"hi" i say, hugging hero.
he hugs me back and comes inside, i lock the door behind me.

"would you like a drink?" i ask him politely, he shakes his head and follows me upstairs

after an hour, i'm ready and so is hero. he's wearing his usual black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt, i put a devil headband on his head because he refused to wear anything flashy. i'm wearing an extremely short white dress which is tight around my breast area, my hair is curled in loose curls with angel wings resting on my back and a halo headband thing on the top of my head - my make up is light, only some lashes, lipgloss, highlighter and a little concealer.

"i don't like this headband" hero whines and i look at him with sharp eyes
"you can take it off later" i remind him
"but it's hurting my head"
i roll my eyes at him and he chuckles at me.
"you're taking forever to get ready" he remarks
"i'll be done soon" i tell him and nods at me, knowing i won't be done soon because i've been saying i'll be ready soon for the past hour.

hero drove us to the seniors house, i told him to park his car far from the house because it'll get wrecked but it's only walking distance so it's fine.

as we walk into the house, the strong smell of weed and alcohol fills the air - making me gag, i'll never get used to it. i look over at hero and he looks fine.
"lets go to the kitchen" i tell him, pulling him gently.

the kitchen is filled with drinks, i look around and see my friends. i grab a cup from the table, not sure of what liquid is in the cup and walk over to my "friends". they're definitely going to say something to hero.

"hey" i say, my voice is loud because i'm trying to talk over the music. hero is standing beside me, awkwardly and i look over to paisley and her eyes move over to hero.

"who's this then?" she asks, walking over to him - she's staring at him like he's a piece of meat.
"hero" i remind her.
"wow you look so good!" caroline says to me, distracting me from the fact that paisley is drooling over hero.
"thank you! so do you" i tell her, and she gives me a soft smile.

i take a look at them properly and they're all wearing short dresses, yes mine is short but their ass is barely covered by their dresses and you could probably see their underwear. all five of them look like whores, but they're pretty so i guess they can be whores if they want because boys will still fall at their feet.

"your friend is cute"  paisley says and kisses his cheek.
my stomach turns when she kisses his cheek, a lump is created in my throat - what if he kisses her?
we're not even dating, he can do what he wants. if he kisses her it's none of my business.
"could you not" hero says, he looks pissed off.
i must admit, hearing that made me relax a little, the sick feeling disappears as he says that.
paisley's face flashes red, caroline and the rest of the girls laugh at her. most probably the first time she's been rejected by a boy.

i bring the red cup up to my lips, still unsure of what it is.
cherry vodka. the sour taste of the drink burns the back of my throat slightly but it feels good. i lean over to the table and grab another two cups, drinking them both. i decide to drink one last one before i go back to hero.

i turn around and hero is with his friends, i didn't think they'd come to this but i walk over to them.
"hi" i say, causing all attention to go on me.
"that's josephine" hero says to his friends who i'm unsure of their names.
"i'm aiden and this is theo" the boy says and i nod, i can't really see what he looks like - he has a nice voice.
"these my bestfriends" hero tells me
"oh right" i murmur

after a while, my head begins to spin and my legs don't feel like they can hold my body up anymore. hero was talking to his friends so i went over to talk to my fake ass friends.

"do you wanna go?" i hear a familiar voice asking me and i nod. i feel him take my hand and we leave.

when i open my eyes, i'm in my bedroom. i'm not one to drink at parties and i think because paisley pissed me off. i still feel very drunk even though i didn't drink that many, i'm a lightweight.

i hear someone open my bedroom door and sit up from my bed and look toward the door, it's hero.
"oh hi" i say, giggling.
"why're you here?" i question
"not that it's a bad thing" i add before he answers my question, i don't want him to leave.
"you're under the influence of alcohol, i couldn't leave you on your own" he tells me and i nod.

"what time is it?" i ask him and he pulls out his phone from his back pocket. wow that turned me on.
"midnight" he replies and i groan.

hero sits down next to me and i roll over to the side of the bed that he's on. i rest my head in his lap and stare into his beautiful eyes.
"hello" i say, poking his cheek where his dimple usually is.
fuck i need to change out of this dress, it's so uncomfortable. i stumble out of bed and grab some shorts and a loose t-shirt from my drawer.
"going to change" i tell the boy sitting on my bed.

i peel the dress off and it feels amazing. i pull on the shorts and the t-shirt and sit back on my bed. my head feels heavy but other than that, i know i shouldn't be excited that hero's here, with me in my bed, but i am.

" i like you" i blurt out, the alcohol has given me a boost of confidence. i know i would be able to tell him if i wasn't drunk. hero turns his head toward me, eyebrows furrowed at me.
"yes i like you. you you you you" i say, causing us both to laugh at how stupid i sound.

i sit up and shuffle closer to hero, i cup his face in my hands and bring his face close to mine. i close my eyes and kiss him. our lips touching feels unreal, the taste of mint mixes with the taste of the vodka that i've drank, making me feel weak. our lips move in sync, my heart is racing. it felt short, too short.

"i'm tireeeed" i whine, pulling my duvet over my shoulders - i'm trying to distract myself from the fact that i just kissed my crush.
"can you sleep next to me tonight" i ask him and he looks at me with soft eyes.
"i cant sleep in jeans"
"take them off"

he hesitantly takes off his jeans and his t-shirt, i'm not sure where his headband went - that must've come of a long time ago. he's only in his boxers and i want to sink into my mattress. he looks so good. hero lays down next to me, pulling me closer to him.

after a few minutes, my eyes shut and my body relaxes in his arms.
"i like you too" i hear him say, making my heart leap. i don't say anything, just move my body closer to his.