(7)

BEOMGYU's POV
I grew up in an ordinary home with the best family in Daegu, I had all that I could ask for. Parents, 2 brothers, 4 friends, I would ask for more but I already have everything and more.

Everything was fine. Until my mother became ill. It was called Coronary artery disease, for short CAD. Chest pain, heart failure, those things. It was common, my family and I tried to get her medications, but they were really expensive. My dad chose to work full time and my brothers tried to find their ways on money making, but it wasn't all enough.

I thought that was it. I went out for a walk to get a breather, to feel the relieving air. I couldn't bare to see my mother get paler day by day.

"Hey, can I get a latte?"

"Sure, 15 dollars."

"F-Fifteen? For a latte?

"Buy it or get lost kid." I nod as I leave the counter, in fact, I left the cafe.

"Hey Kid!" I turn around, a man in waltzed my way in a black suit, he looked like a thug.

"Sorry, I don't have any money to spare." I said as I kept walking until he turned me around.

"I know you don't have money to give, that's why you're gonna earn it." I raise a brow as I gave him a confused look, "Work for me, you seem like you need the money." I did.

"What is 'Work' for you?"

"Delivering and Dealing, That's all." The first word didn't sound bad, but I was still hesitant.

"How much?" The male in front of me smirked, "That's the spirit, About 500 to 1K" my eyes widened. That amount was bigger than what my father and brothers brought home combined. "So, Are you up for it?" I wasn't, but I was willing to get my mother better.

"Yeah."

"Call me, Hongjoong."

"Alright, Hongjoong."

Working for Hongjoong came with fortune, this had to be the best decision I ever made. All I had to do was travel from place to place and deliver these packages to different buildings or gangs.

All of it was a success until one day, I came home. I came into the kitchen with 3 envelopes in my hands, dropping them in front of my father and mother. "Beomgyu? What's this?" My father asks as he opens one of the envelopes, "Just a little something for mom's medication."

My father dropped it back onto the table, "Where did all of this come from?" His voice raised, I flinched. "I w-worked for it."

"Choi Beomgyu, What kind of work exactly?"

"Does it matter? This can help mom's health-"

"I asked you a damn question. Answer it!"

I gulped thickly, My father never acted this way towards me before. I never expected to tell anyone what I did for a living, but I obviously couldn't lie.

"I'm dealing with loan sharks."

My father got up from his place angrily, "I don't want you hanging around them anymore. They might seem like they're helping, but they're just using you for dirty work!" He leaves the room.

I stood there speechless, my mom walked towards me weakly. I quickly come closer to her, "You're such a sweet boy.. please listen to your father. We appreciate the money, just not the method." She hands me the money, I tried to refuse but she forced it into my pocket.