(16)

JAEMIN's POV
I walk back towards Johnny, Yuta and surprisingly Kun. When did he get here?

"What kind of guy leaves his own party?" Johnny says, I notice that Mark is gone.

"Mark lee apparently." Kun adds, Then we hear tires screech as he opens his car door widely. And aggressively. "Speak of the devil." Yuta says, Mark mostly glares at me but I look at him in confusion.

"Where'd you go?" Mark keeps looking at me, but then he returns his gaze toward Johnny. "Just dropped off a friend." He says with a simple smile. But his dimple wasn't there.

I walk away from them, Did I do something to Mark? I thought. I walk toward Hyunjin, Haechan and Jeno, "Hey guys." I smile, Hyunjin looks at me weirdly.

"I'm going to hangout with Yeji." Hyunjin smiles awkwardly as she leaves us. I wave, "Bye". I look back at Haechan and Jeno, "Is it just me or is everyone acting weird?" I ask as I watch Hyunjin walk away.

"Depends, what were you and Hyesang doing?" Haechan asks, but I can tell he was annoyed by the tone in his voice. "We were talking, she doesn't seem like a beach person because of her past." I say as I thought back onto our conversation.

"Is that all?" I look at him, "What's that supposed to mean?".

"Jaemin, we know something else happened. Hyesang looked off." Jeno says as he grips on his cup nervously. "Well, she did confess to me." I said quietly, guilt hugged me.

Haechan scoffs, "Let me guess, you said no." I turn to Haechan, offended. "Okay, what is this all about?"

"I'm surprised that a playboy like you doesn't even know his own consequences. I hope you figure them out soon." Haechan walks off to Taeyong and Renjun.

"Jeno, can you explain?"

"Well it all started when Haechan asked Hyunjin if Hyesang liked anybody. You, and then we were caught off guard that we told Hyunjin that-"

"You told her what?" It felt like a bullet of disappointment went through me.

Jeno gulps, "That you like Hyunjin. Not Hyesang." I look back at Hyunjin to see her tiny looks she'd give me.

So in this logic. My friend has a crush on the girl who has a crush on me, on which I rejected her because I like her best friend. With my friend watching her heart broken by me, while she leaves with Mark, which probably why he is acting weird..

I have 4 people targeting me. I rush my hand through my hair, in frustration.
"Hey I'm going to the house, tonight isn't the night." I say, "See ya, Jaemin."

I grip the driving wheel, thinking of different scenarios of what I could do to figure all of this. I look beside me to see a pack a beer we were supposed to bring to the bonfire. I was about to turn back to give it to them, but tonight, alcohol is going to be my friend.

Once I got in the house, I sat on my bed, looking outside the window. Watching the trees brushed smoothly with the wind as I drank from my 1st bottle. I watched until I heard doors open and close. That meant everyone else was there. I only noticed that the moon looked lonelier tonight.

Was it because of me? I rub my eyes, as I look at the time. It was 12AM. I look at the 4th bottle in my hand, I sigh. I put it down, as I lay my back on my bed, changing gazes from the moon to my ceiling as I dozed off to sleep.

The Next Day

HYUNJIN's POV
I paced my feet back and forth as Yeji watched me in my panicked state.