EPILOGUE

play audio ^
————

HYESANG's POV
It's been a week since the fight.
This whole summer, it went from hiding from the government, making new friends and fighting for what's ours.

But the hardest of it all, was to let go. I processed that in Hyunjin's words.

The only easy let-go was my "crush" on Jaemin so Hyunjin can be happy.

The hardest was my parents, and Beomgyu.

Me, Gran and Jisung stood on the beach during the sunset. Jisung and I held our tears in, as Gran let go of her water works. I released my mom's, and Jisung released my dad's.

I felt free, they're probably free too. I wonder what their thoughts were, what would happen if they were still alive.

I got closer to Gran and Beomgyu's family. Huening Kai's family are also here as comfort for their son, he's getting new to this hybrid thing. Kinda like a superpower, but with no teacher to help him control it.

Beomgyu's Family still has a grudge against ATEEZ, but for what they did, they're getting used to seeing them around. Well, his dad still thinks Hongjoong is toxic but it's a start.

I got closer to Jisung's friends and the dreamies, they're crackheads.

I did almost everything to end Summer the right way, but the one thing I didn't do yet, is say Goodbye.

I stood in front of Beomgyu in his room. It was the first day of university, Hyunjin and Yeji stood from the outside of the door waiting for me.

It was easier said than done.

Because of him, I made so many memories this summer.

— "Would you mind if I stay here?" Hyesang backs away, "Why would you need to stay here?" Beomgyu points at his gunshot wound, and Hyesang widens her eyes. "As much as I would like to help, I don't want to be caught up in it. And I probably helped enough-" —

— "C'mon, I insist." "You don't even know me." "The guy earlier said he wanted to stay at my house, so I'm taking him there!" —

— "Hey Hye— you're not Hyesang." "Clearly." The male chuckles slightly as he rubs his nape awkwardly.

"Sorry, I'm her friend, Jaemin. You are?" "Beomgyu." —

— "U-Uh, you should just go talk to him!" I spaced out, it was either my heart stopped or my heart sped up. The feeling was so new.

"How? Your friend is literally puppy guarding him!" I look where his finger points, it was Yeji and Soobin.

"Well-" —

— Beomgyu rushes over with the cake in front of me, "I made this for you." I look down. I snicker at how chaotic it looked, "Thanks." Hyunjin whips her finger in the icing and she licks her finger "Not bad either." —

— "Hey Hyesang." Hyesang looks up, "I'm not going to be like your parents, okay?" Hyesang's lips curve into a smile. "Thank you." —

— "Promise me, you're going to stay by my side" "But I can't Hyesang, he might do something." Beomgyu observes the girl more, he sighs. "Fine, I promise." He pats her head. —

...

AUTHOR's POV
Her eyes begin to rain of tears, she holds onto the end of the bed.

"You promised you'd stay by my side." She sniffleds weakly, she looks at how his body looked so lifeless.

It's my fault he's in this state, She held her grip around the end of the bed tighter, I have to do it, She thought.

"Goodbye Beomgyu." She smiled softly, She walks toward the door slowly.

"____" Hyesang said quietly.

Then all of a sudden the machine starts to beep. She stops her steps as she turns around, "He isn't- HE ISN'T BREATHING! HELP!" She rushes outside the door.

The same adrenaline courses through his veins, Hyesang turns her back again as the beeping stops. She observes his body more, was I imagining things, She thought.

His eyes open wide as he gasps,

He's awake.

____

The end

I still want you~ HAHSHSJANCNSNEJSJSKNDNWMWKWLWKWMSMDNDMWMW THIS WAS HIGHKEY A MESS BUT WE FINISHED IT BOISSSS

Thank you for reading <3 !!