(33)

RECAP, AUTHOR's POV
Everyone watched how Beomgyu dashed in front of Hyesang. Chen begins to yell out, to arrest Jimin and get Beomgyu, Huening Kai and everyone else who was injured to the Hospital.

"BEOMGYU!" Hyesang pats on his back aggressively as she panics more minute by minute.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol took the lifeless body away from her, Jisung hugs Hyesang in sympathy as her eyes begin to trickle with tears.

The memory was only sirens, blue and red lights, blood and sacrifice.

— 2 days later —

AUTHOR's POV
The room felt gray, you'd only hear droplets of water from the roof and you can only hope for him to wake up to make the day much brighter.

Hyesang sat on the couch inside of Beomgyu's room in the hospital. Jisung sat next to her as he gives for company as comfort. Soobin, Taehyun, and Yeonjun sat in Huening Kai's room. ATEEZ did their own thing, but at least they got what they fought for. Freedom.

EXO went back to investigating the case in search for any information for Doctor Nim. After Chen and his crew took BANGTAN to the station, but Doctor Nim was nowhere to be found.

Everyone who was injured was healing by now, but both Huening Kai and Beomgyu haven't woke up yet.

"Hyesang, you haven't slept. Let's go back home." Jisung sits up from the couch, Hyesang sits there quietly.

"Beomgyu wouldn't want you to wait here like this." Jisung places his hand on her shoulder as he looks at the boy on his hospital bed.

Jisung and Hyesang turn their heads at the door as they sense it opening. Jaemin's head pops through the door, he walks in hand-in-hand with Hyunjin with Yeji, Renjun, Haechan, Jeno, Chenle and Jisung.

"Ah, we're in the right room! We took awhile following Soobin's directions." Hyunjin smiles awkwardly, Yeji rushes over to place a bouquet of flowers in the vase across the room.

Jisung moves aside as he sits back on the couch beside Hyesang.

"Here let's turn on the TV, the silence scares me." Hyunjin asks with a worried voice as she spots Beomgyu breathing moderately.

Hyunjin rushes over to the remote on Beomgyu's bed as she turns on the television. The TV shows the NEWS, making Hyesang sulk back into the couch.

"GOVERNMENT SPYS, BANGTAN, ARRESTED FOR MISSING DAEGU BOY, CHOI-" she turns it off, "Actually, Nevermind." She walks back to Jaemin.

Yeji walks in front of Hyesang, "I know just the thing." Hyesang looks at Yeji blankly

— moments later —

Yeji sits in front of Hyesang as she tries to feed her. "Hyesang, Say Ahh~" Hyesang sighs, "What is this for, Yeji?" She looks around the cafeteria.

"If I have to be honest with you, you look like absolute sh!t." Yeji tilts her head as she waves the pancake in her face. "Now Ahh~" Hyesang opens her mouth defeatedly.

Jaemin and Hyunjin watch Yeji and Hyesang from afar.

"Looks like she finally got her to eat." Hyunjin smiles, Jaemin chuckles as he looks back at his friends. They sat and ate, but Haechan looked empty.

"What's wrong?" Haechan looks up from his plate, "Ah nothing, I'm just thinking." He sits up as he gives Haechan his full attention.

"What're you thinking about?" Haechan sighs as he pokes his fork through his food, "About what would've happened if I confessed to Hyesang earlier." Jaemin taps his finger on the table.

"You're going to let go?" Haechan watches how Yeji and Hyesang laugh and smile to each other, "for her." Haechan smiles weakly.

Taehyun comes running inside the cafeteria catching everyone's attention, he runs straight to Hyesang. "What's wrong?"

"Huening Kai woke up!"

Everyone stood around the Huening Kai's room, either crying or just happy that he's up and better.

"Guys give him space to process!" Yeonjun waves his hand for everyone to back up. "How are you feeling?" Yeji asks with a smile, Huening Kai rubs his scalp "a new person.".

Hyesang stands in back; smiling to herself, then the door opens showing Soobin.

"Ah, I was here to come get you. Let's go." Soobin gestures his hand to come out of the door, Hyesang walks outside the door, confused.

"What's up? Huening Kai is awake." Soobin walks down the hall and makes a turn to Beomgyu's room.

"That's good news, I wanted you to come because Beomgyu's family is here." Hyesang's eyes shot open, "And since, you're the one who helped him, you can meet them." He places his hand on the knob.

"But since you said Huening Kai is awake, are you okay being alone with them?" Hyesang looks at the door hesitantly,

"Y-yeah, sure." Soobin smiles softly, "Okay, i'll come back shortly." He jogs off. Hyesang replaces Soobin's hand sprints on the knob. She slowly turns it as she opens the door swiftly.

The room was sounds of sniffles, but it was silent until Hyesang made eye-contact with all of them.

"Are you Han Hyesang?" Hyesang nods, the woman runs straight to her and hugs her with all of her strength. Almost squeezing the life out of her, this was new, but Hyesang could get used to it.

"Thank you for looking out for my son, Soobin told us about it." She begins sniffle again, "It's great to see him again.". She smiles.

Beomgyu's father comes over to hug her as well, The mother fidgets here body around, "Here, come sit down with us. Tell us all the adventures you had with Beomgyu." They smiled.

— time skip —

After a long day at the hospital, Jisung drove him and Hyesang back home. Hyunjin and Yeji offered to stay over as company, mainly comfort.

The three girls sat on her bed, "Looks like we're back to square one." Hyunjin jokes. Yeji takes out a piece of paper, "Did you get a letter from the University?" Hyesang points on her dresser.

"Well school is in a few days, you think you can manage to go?" She shrugs her shoulders, "Maybe, I'll just have to visit the hospital in the morning." Yeji and Hyunjin look at each other.

"I know it's the wrong time to be saying this, but what if.." Hyesang pauses Yeji, "I know, I know. It's been days." All three nod.

"You just gotta let go, you know..?" Hyesang processed Hyunjin's words. Let go..? She thought.

Hyesang jumps off the bed, and runs to Jisung's room. Hyunjin and Yeji look at each other, "Did we say something bad?" Hyunjin shrugs her shoulders.

Jisung opens his door, "I'm ready." Jisung raises a brow,

"I'm ready to release the ashes."

———————

guys 🥺