(15)

AUTHOR's POV
"What is it?" Jaemin asks, Hyesang looks at him, her heart is racing. I takes a deep breath,
"I like you Jaemin.".

Jaemin widens his eyes, he looks at her from the side. He pulls away from her, guilty.

"Hyesang, I wish I could return the feelings.. but I like someone else."

Her heart drops, she starts to feel empty inside as she steps away from him.

"I'm sorry."

"I-it's fine, I just didn't expect that." Hyesang looks away, "I'm just going to leave." She fake smiles as she runs.

"Wait Hyesang-" He watches her getting further so he didn't bother catching up with her. He looks back at the sea, What did I do?

Hyesang walks up to Mark, she tugs his arm as he looks at her. "What's wrong? Why do you look pale?" "Can you please take me home?"

Mark looks at her until he agrees, "Hey guys, I'll be back!" He gave his cup to Johnny as he took his keys out of his pocket to his car.

Hyesang calls out for Beomgyu, he turns his head as Yeji sits back with Soobin.

"Hey, I have to go. See you tomorrow?" Beomgyu asks as he looks back at Soobin. "For sure." Soobin gets up to hug him one more time. They both smile as Yeji looks at them in confusion.
Once they unwrapped their arms, Beomgyu jogs toward Hyesang and Mark.

They all settle into the car, Mark behind the wheel, Hyesang in the passenger, and Beomgyu in the back.

By the time the car started, it was a quiet car ride to begin with.

Mark was hesitant to ask, Beomgyu on the other hand didn't know if anything happened to he watched the scenery outside his window.

"Hey, what happened?" Mark asks as he tilts his head at her, Hyesang leans her head against her palm.

"I confessed to him." She says, Mark looks at her confused, "Isn't that a good thing?".

"He doesn't feel the same." She continues to look ahead.

Mark memorized where he drove last time, so a few minutes in the car ride, it was already over. Beomgyu and Hyesang walk on the porch, Mark pulls Beomgyu back.

"Cheer her up?" Beomgyu looks at Mark, he gives him an 'ok' sign before he goes back to follow Hyesang. Mark watches until they go inside the house, he is going to have a knack full of things to talk to Jaemin about.

HYESANG's POV
I open the door, but I hear noises? It was mostly hisses. I slowly walk to where it was coming from, it lead to the kitchen.

There was Jisung, and this other girl. But Jisung... he had a black eye? I hurry towards him, "What happened to you?!".

Jisung looks at us, he gets up, furiously. He walks straight past me, and pulled on Beomgyu's collar.

"I knew something was wrong at the mall and you lied to me!" He yells at Beomgyu, Beomgyu pushes him off but Jisung pushes back harder. I get in the middle of them before they got more brutal.

"What happened, Jisung?" He looks at me and scoffs. He walks back to where the girl was as she watches him in fear, "That boy has the government on his back! One of them came to the house and thought I was hiding him." He laughs sarcastically, then he points at his eye, "He said that this is a warning.".

Me and Beomgyu look at each other, "how'd they find us?" I ask. Jisung goes to the counter and tosses two bullets on the floor. They blinked with blue, Beomgyu widens his eyes.

"They tracked us." Jisung huffs as he sits back down.

"We're sorry-" "NO! Don't say sorry for his mistakes, you are going to sit at this table and tell me how this happened." Jisung points at the seats that were pulled out. We both hurried to the seats as we sat there nervously.

"Now talk."

I look at Beomgyu, the atmosphere was quiet. The girl that was helping Jisung before went to a different room to give us space.

Jisung waited as he taps his fingers on the table, that happened until Beomgyu let's out a sigh.

Beomgyu sighs, "You want the long version or short?" Jisung looks at him, "It doesn't matter, I just want to know how this all happened."

"Long Version it is."

"My name is Choi Beomgyu, I lived in Daegu, siblings, parents, My mom was seriously ill. No one could afford money for her medicine so one night I bump into a loan shark named Hongjoong and worked for him for awhile and got good cash. Soon, my father found out and he told me to leave, Hongjoong wouldn't let me leave. I went to my last mission thinking I could leave since it was my only way out but I found out that I was being abducted by the government as a test subject to a weapon. I recently escaped their lab and now they're trying to find me. We went to the mall today and they spotted us there and we ran towards the parking lot because your car was there. They came there with these guards with them and they shot me twice but I beaten them all up. Hyesang drove back here shortly and that leads us to the present."

Jisung blinks.

"Give me the shorter version."

I scoff, "All you have to know is that the government is trying to find him because he's their abducted weapon!".

"So, since you're here, we're in trouble?" Beomgyu scratches the back of his neck, "Well, that's debatable since they kind of seen Hyesang and they, well gave you a black eye."

Jisung gets up from the table, "I don't know if any of that nonsense is true but either way," he walks to the staircase,

"I want you to leave." He glares at Beomgyu,
"You're nothing but trouble." I look at him as I huff, "Jisung, You can't do this." He looks at me.

"Hyesang, I'm not going to let him hurt you like what happened to me! If that ever happened that'll just make me feel that I failed!" I looks away as he continues to walk back to his room, "My decision is final.".

"Wait Jisung!" I call out, I look back at Beomgyu.

"Is this going to happen more often now?" I ask, Beomgyu shrugs his shoulders.

"It won't happen again." He says as he begins to walk back to his room, I tilt my head.
"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means, I'm going back to Daegu."

————

seokjin said pow pow