🧸nine🧸

"Take a quick break." Jaemin reminded. He placed a plate of avocado toast beside her laptop along with a cup of tea.

"I will in a bit." Haneul mumbled, finishing up the last bit of her essay. "Thank you Jaem."

Since that night Jaemin's attitude had a slight change. He was more chatty and energetic and always reminded her to take breaks or helped her out with anything he could.

Haneul was grateful for his support and help. His cheery attitude was really contagious. Of course there were days where she couldn't control her feelings, and in turn he would give her space and time.

Other than that, he would always reassure her even when he didn't need to. It helped a lot with her thoughts and made her more comfortable.

"When are you scheduled to go to the therapist?" Jaemin asked, readying the kids' snack. He was surprised when she said she was going to see the therapist after a long time.

"I was thinking about this Friday since I don't have classes. Taeyong and Johnny are willing to babysit." Haneul answered. She set her things aside and took a bite of the snack Jaemin prepared. "Are you really really sure you want to come along?"

"As sure as I'll ever be." Jaemin reassured. He walked towards the living room where the kids were playing and placed the plates on the table. "If you drop anything tell me, okay?"

A chorus of 'yes' come from the kids as they all walked towards the snack. Jisung and Chenle shared their pudding while Jeno and Mark ate the cookies without a second thought.

It would have been peaceful if not for the World War brewing beside them.

Renjun excitedly opened the vanilla pudding, only for it to be snatched by Donghyuck. "That's mine! There's still chocolate pudding!"

"It's mine now." Donghyuck ate all the pudding in one bite. The older boy's eyes widened as betrayal and disgust swirled in them.

"I HATE YOU!" Renjun screeched. His face turned red as beads of tears fall from his angry eyes.

"IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR TAKING THE LAST VANILLA ONE IT WAS MINE!" Donghyuck shouted.

"Don't fight." Jaemin warned, mouth full with toast. "I'll buy more pudding when I go to the store."

"Do you hear anything?" Jeno peacefully questioned. Mark took a sip of the cold milk, let out a satisfied sigh and proceeded to shrug.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK YOU!" Renjun cried at the top of his lungs.

The two adults choked on their food with his words. Jeno and Mark had covered Chenle and Jisung's ears as they looked at Haneul and Jaemin.

"Nyenyenye what are you gonna do about it?" Donghyuck taunted.

The fury and adrenaline coursed through the boy's body as he used all his strength to lift a chair from the dining table. He staggered as he walked toward Donghyuck slowly.

"ʸᵉᵉᵗ!" Renjun grunted, throwing the chair at Donghyuck.

Jaemin was quick to dive towards Donghyuck and shield him with his body. He let out a grunt as the leg of the chair collided with his head and shoulder. He inspected the scared boy for any injuries.

"Huang Renjun!" Haneul shouted, making the boy freeze. It was the first time Haneul raised her voice at them. "You've gone too far this time! Both of you come here right now."

Donghyuck gulped as he hopped out of Jaemin's arms. The two stood a meter apart, not wanting to be near each other. Jaemin, although hurt, ushered the rest of the kids into another room. It was an unsaid rule to not scold the kids in the presence of the others.

"Both of you apologize for your wrong doings." Haneul said.

"I did nothing wrong!" The two shouted in unison. Haneul sighed and took one of Jaemin's oversized shirts.

"Come here." She forced the two of them to fit in one shirt and smiled at how cute they looked. "Until you realize what you two did wrong you guys can't take it off."

"I'm never gonna apologize to him!" They shouted. they sat down at the corner of the room and sulked.

"Suit yourself. Stay there forever then." Haneul said, walking away. She called the kids back in and had Jaemin sit on the couch. She went to grab the first aid kit and took a seat behind him. "Take your shirt off."

"Damn girl shouldn't we take it slow—"

"Jaem."

"Yes ma'am." Jaemin removed his shirt, allowing her access to his bate back. He flinched as Haneul applied ointment to his bruises. The coolness from the ointment soon soothed the dull ache his injuries brought.

"Does it hurt a lot?" Chenle asked, toddling over to the two. As always, his hand was intertwined with Jisung's.

Jaemin put his shirt back on and groaned when he moved wrong. "It hurts a lot but it's okay. As long as you boys aren't hurt then I'll be okay."

"No you're not." Jisung argued. He tried to look intimidating but it didn't help him that his eyes were glossy and his lip was in a pout. He tugged on Haneul's sweatpants. "You have to kiss it better."

"Noona's kisses are the best medicine." Chenle added.

"You shouldn't force— shit." Jaemin tried to act cool but ended up hurting himself more.

"Is hyung going to die?" Jeno asked. Upon the mention of death the two youngest burst into tears.

"What are we going to do if hyung dies?" Jisung asked. He let go of Chenle's hand and hugged Jaemin's shin. "Don't die please. Who's gonna give me the happy upsies if you die?"

"Noona you have to kiss it better before he dies!" Chenle wailed.

Haneul just sighed. She didn't understand the children's logic, but to them every time someone was hurt kisses were the answer.

She calmly got up from her seat and kissed the back of his lightly along with his shoulder blade. She put her arm around Jaemin and grinned. "There, he'll be all better now."

Jaemin nodded despite being taken aback. He tried to bite back his smile but failed. It's the first time she initiated the physical contact with him that isn't related to first aid.

"Be quiet don't cry now." Jeno comforted, hugging his two younger friends. "Hyung is okay now."

Jisung looked up as he wiped his tears with his small hand. "Hyung's ears are red."

At the corner of the room, a sulking pair watched the happy group

"Do you see what you two did wrong?" Mark asked. He had his small arms folded as he looked at the two expectantly. "You almost killed hyung and you made noona sad."

Donghyuck and Renjun looked at each other but didn't say anything else. Later at dinner, Haneul found a letter of apology from the two boys along with a drawing.

"Is that a witch?" Jeno asked. He sat on Haneul's shoulders and rested his chin on her head.

"It's supposed to be Noona!"

A/N

A cute chapter for the kids wofoanfksg

Do you guys like chapters like this or???

But there is some development though wkodkakfks