🧸thirty five🧸

"Yukhei." Haneul squeaked, barely putting her shirt on.

"Oh fuck um I'm sorry." Yukhei apologized, covering his eyes and turning around. His ears slowly flushed red as he thought of what to say. "I swear on Mark's watermelon that I didn't see anything."

"No it's okay. It's my fault for not locking the door." She assured, fixing her appearance. She can't believe she had forgotten to lock the door behind her.

"What if one of the members walk in? Remember, you're on a trip with guys."

Why did she have to remember Jaemin at a time like this?

Haneul brushed her thoughts away and cleared her throat. "You said you were looking for me?"

"Oh yeah about that. Jungwoo said you've been acting a bit out of it and I thought I should drop by." Yukhei answered taking a seat beside her. "He said you looked like a chick that lost it's mama."

"I've been worrying too many people." She sighed. "I'm just thinking about a lot of things."

"Really? Are your feelings for Nana really that big?" Yukhei teased, wiggling his eyebrows at her. She rolled her eyes and got up to get her brush.

"What the hell did Jungwoo tell you?" Haneul huffed. "I see him as a friend okay. You want me to revoke yours?"

She heard shuffling behind her before a big shadow loomed over her. She turned around and was shocked when Yukhei cornered her to the wall. His eyes were dark as his lips formed a playful smirk. 

"Jungwoo told me you were disappointed in yourself. Were you disappointed because your heart fluttered again or were you disappointed at the fact he didn't kiss you?"

"You wanna get slapped, Wong Yukhei?" She threatened.

"Then you wouldn't mind if I kiss you right here and now? If that's what your definition of friend is." He asked, leaning down to bring his face closer to her. She was unfazed at the sudden closeness.

"Cut the act." Haneul deadpanned. "You won't do anything bad to me. You're just trying to prove Jaemin's point."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because it's not you. You're not the kind of guy to take advantage of situations like this." Haneul firmly stated. The boy blinked before bursting into laughter. He sat back down on the rocking chair and sighed.

"You made your point, and so did I." Yukhei grinned. "How was your heart and stomach? Did I make it flutter?"

Haneul blinked a couple of times as she thought of what he had just pointed out. She was just fine with Yukhei doing it and didn't really care, but when it came to Jaemin doing it she couldn't think straight.

"That confirms it, right?" Yukhei asked. Haneul hesitantly nodded.

She can't beat around the bush anymore now that he had helped her confirm it. She needed to accept her feelings.

"What should I do?" She groaned in despair.

"Easy my friend." Yukhei comforted. "Confess to him as soon as possible."

"Are you insane?"

"There's nothing wrong with confessing."

"What if I get rejected?" Haneul reasoned with him. "Or worse what if he doesn't want to be friends anymore?"

"What species are you to be this dense Lee Haneul? I bet WayV's cats and dog that he likes you back!" Yukhei huffed in disbelief.

He thought the job given to him would be easy but seeing how both Jaemin and her were, it made him want to quit.

"I'm just putting the suggestion there. It's really up to you but I think that's one of the best things you could do right now." Yukhei sighed. "I wouldn't want to suggest hiding your feelings because that's a lot of liability on me."

"How is it a liability for you?" Haneul asked.

"Because it could be one of your greatest regrets if you don't tell him." Yukhei responded, getting up. "Risks aren't bad. They're what makes life well, life." 

"Well, I'm gonna head to the function hall then. See you at dinner."

Haneul watched him leave before jumping into her bed and screamed into her pillow. She thrashed around, cursing at her heart for falling for him.

If she confessed and he did accept her, what would happen between them? There were many reasons holding her back from coming clean with her feelings.

She was afraid that it wouldn't work out when everything went back to normal. They lived two very different lives, his own with more risks and sacrifices with every move he took. Everything he did was under the public's radar and a scandal could ruin everything he worked hard for.

"I care about you and I'm willing to risk everything for you."

"How much are you willing to risk for someone like me?" She wondered, hugging the pillow. She kept questioning it, trying to avoid the thought that kept repeating.

Will she let him be at risk of losing everything?

After a while of moping and thinking, Haneul finally made her decision. She looked at her reflection in the window and fixed hair and smoothed out the wrinkles on her clothes. There was no going back from her decision.

She begrudgingly made her way to the function hall. She carefully rehearsed the words in her head, not wanting to make a mistake later on.

The moment she neared was when she noticed all the lights were out at the function hall. Did they move to another hall and forgot to tell her?

"I don't like this one bit." Haneul mumbled, hugging herself as a cool breeze blew by. "Hello?"

She mentally slapped herself for leaving her phone behind. She wondered if this were the way she would die, like the stupid character from a horror movie. With the little courage she had, she entered the building. 

"If this is a prank I swear-"

All the lights suddenly turned on, cutting her off. Haneul jumped at the sound of party poppers going off as confetti flew around her. Everyone stood at the table with a welcoming smile. 

The kids were the first to make a move. They all ran up to her and formed a semicircle around her, holding up both lotuses and tulips for her to take. 

"Happy Birthday!"

A/N

have you ever forgotten it was your birthday? cuz i have once 

yo i literally just blink how are we no. 1 for nct dream, taeyong, chenle, leejeno, and parkjisung

fnkjafkafn 

by the way, the preview and character profiles for my Jisung story are up if anyone interested. I'll start updating it once i finish care and replay