🧸forty five🧸

Jaemin felt horrible. He wanted to bury himself alive and beg for forgiveness.

He was late yet again on the day he promised he and Haneul would watch a movie out. The meeting for the Dream Show agenda started late and now he was at least two hours late. 

"I think we can wrap up now. Please prepare well for your tour. Thank you for your cooperation and I'll see you soon." Their company head announced. They all stood and bowed as he left the room. 

"I think my butt is about to fall off with how long we sat down." Mark groaned, getting up to stretch his back. 

"I think it's your age getting to you." Jeno joked. 

Jaemin gathered his things in a hurry and threw his coat on. He nearly stumbled on his way out but he didn't care. The only thing he could think of was getting home to her. 

"This is why I enjoy being single." Yukhei chuckled, watching their friend leave in panic.

He reached his car in no time and took a moment to calm down. He should be careful on the road no matter how late he is. Once he was calm, he started the car and began the 30 minute ride home.

He rushed out of the car the moment he was sure it was parked properly and entered the quiet home. He found her in the dimly lit master's bedroom. 

She was curled up in a ball, cuddling the Ryan plush doll he had given her. Her laptop was paused on an episode of Crash Landing on You. Her blanket had fallen off the bed, probably the product of her anger tantrum at the death of Seungjun judging on where she left off.

"I'm sorry. I'm late again." He silently apologized. He brushed the stray hairs away from her face, making her stir in her sleep. She opened her eyes, squinting when she saw a blurry blob in front of her.  

"You're home already?" Haneul yawned as she sat up. She had planned to finish the drama she was watching but her heart couldn't handle it.

"Did you cry because of the drama?" Jaemin asked. She nodded, rubbing her tired eyes. He opened his arms with a small smile. "You need a hug?"

Haneul didnt waste another second and accepted his hug. The drama still hurt her, but she just missed Jaemin more and wanted a hug. 

"You're not angry I'm late? That we didn't go out?" He asked.

"Why would I? You texted me you'll be late so I wouldn't wait." She mumbled, nuzzling her face into his fluffy sweater. "Plus, I'm fine as long as I'm with you. I like staying home more than going out so it's okay."

"You know how much I love you?" Jaemin sighed, holding her tighter.

"More than your coffee?"

"Okay, let's not go there." He joked.  

"Did you eat dinner yet? I made your favorite fried chicken and honey tteokbokki." Haneul mumbled. 

"Let's eat together." Jaemin said, letting go.

"I don't wanna stand. I practiced all day in the rink." She whined, falling back into the bed.

"It's just a couple of steps-"

"I don't wanna." She cried into her plush doll. "Carry me."

"Lee Haneul, how old are you?" Jaemin nagged, picking her up bridal style. He was glad she was being more open and playful.

He placed her on the couch and served them some food. She played some music, obviously opting to stream Boom and Superhuman to support them. 

"How was your day?" Haneul asked, taking some fried chicken.