🧸forty three🧸

The bell sounded, signalling the freedom of all the students. They all passed their test papers forward and were free to leave.

"Haneul!"

"We saw each other earlier at lunch, Namu. Don't act like we haven't seen each other in ages." Haneul mumbled, dodging her friend's hug. She gathered her things and walked out with Namu to meet up with the others.

She remembered the final night where here decision shocked everyone. It was a big step for her and as of now, she doesn't regret it. She took Early Childhood Education as she wanted to either become a preschool teacher or open her own daycare.

Everyone agreed she would do a good job and supported her. She could remember her first day like it was yesterday. Dream was there to drop her off to school and her brother and Jaemin were crying as they watched her enter.

"It's not like we won't see each other again." Haneul comforted, hugging both of them.

"I'm just so happy and worried. If someone bullies you again you better tell me." Mark sniffled.

"I'm so proud of my girl. You're gonna dominate this school." Jaemin sobbed.

"If you guys are done, she needs to get to class." Jeno reminded.

Haneul smiled, pulling her scarf up to cover her face. She didn't have as much of a hard time making friends as the other members' sisters and cousins were here. They had their own little odd world and were all comfortable with each other.

"The top of our grade is finally here." Chiyuki greeted.

"Took you guys long enough. I made reservations at a dessert cafe to get our brains working again." Byeolin smiled, locking arms with Haneul.

"Wait, you guys still have brain cells?" Sejeong joked.

"More than you." Namu teased. "Right, Eunkyung? Haru?"

"Don't drag me into this." Eunkyung mumbled.

"If you have time to goof around, you can read a book." Haru rejected, moving away from her. "By the looks of it, I don't think Haneul can join our celebration."

"What? Why?"

Haru pointed to a familiar looking car parked down the street. Haneul's face instantly lit up as soon as she saw it. She could recognize the guy leaning against it to be Jaemin.

"Man, I wish Renjun was as sweet as him." Eunkyoung sighed.

"I wish Jisung had a driver's license." Sejeong chuckled.

"Donghyuck would tell me to walk if I asked him to pick me up." Chiyuki sighed.

"Go babe. You haven't seen him in two weeks." Namu ushered, giving her a slight push. "You've been using his picture as inspiration to study. Now you get the real thing."

"Thank you guys. I'll see you all next week!" Haneul smiled, giving all of them a hug and kiss on the cheek before running towards Jaemin.

"Ah they're so fucking adorable." Byeolin squealed, slapping Haru's arm.

"Nana!" Haneul called, jumping straight into his arms. She took a deep breath, inhaling his flowery scent. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. I'm sorry I've been so busy. I'll make up for it today." Jaemin apologized, returning her tight hug. He pulled back and cupped her face. "Let me see my Princess. You look so drained."

He kissed both her cheeks, her forehead, the tip of her nose, and finally a quick peck on the lips. The girl jokingly rolled her eyes and entered the car, Jaemin following after.