Chapter 1: Sleepover

Ashe's POV

"Hi Dad," I say when I walked through the door.

"Hey. How was school?" he asked.

"I liked it a lot!!! I played with Leroy a lot and all the other people but..." I trailed off. I didn't want to let my dad know about people's weird behavior. Some even bullied me because of my father, who is the boss of this whole place.

"But?" he asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh nothing."

"Ashe, you can tell me anything..." my father said.

"I mean nothing." I stand my ground. I definitely didn't want him to know about school.

"Okay if you say so..." my father says still unconvinced. 

Ever since my younger twin sisters Harumash and Harumi were born, my father had to take over the mom role because my mom died from giving birth to them. I can still see that my dad misses her a lot. I catch him crying at night sometimes.

I never really knew my mom though. I was only two when she died. I am 8 right now and my sisters are 6. They are twins and I get a little jealous sometimes because they are closer together than they are with me. 

"Leroy is here!!!" my dad shouted from the door. 

Finally!!! I can be busy and play with someone. I don't want to be the third wheel with Harumash and Harumi. If you haven't caught on by now, Leroy is my best friend and the same age as me. He lives next door to me all by himself. The reason to that is because one day, one of the Ford factories blew up from some engine malfunction and both his parents died in there. It was very sad. Everyone was devastated by how many workers we lost and we consider our workers family. Always.

"Let's have a sleepover!!!" I shouted to everyone.

"If that's okay with your dad." Leroy replies.

"Come on. You know dad will be okay with this. You're my best friend!!!"

And you could be more.

Yes. I know when you have a best friend, you most likely think of them as your family or siblings. But Leroy is different. 

I may have a tiny crush on him.

...

Or it could be very huge. But don't tell him that!!!

"You know it's okay with me Leroy." my dad says snapping me back to reality.

"Okay. Ashe, let's play in your backyard playground!!!" Leroy exclaims.

Then, the door slams shut again.

"Leroy stop slamming the door and hurry up!" I say.

"Oldest comes first!!!"says a voice.

*groan* 

Oh, it's not Leroy.

I watched the door as the second in command of the whole company struts through the door. Horrible memories come back to me. He is so annoying.

"I have to leave for work now so Ty Guy will take care of you."my father says as he leaves the house.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US WITH HIM.

Ty Guy is our babysitter whenever my dad leaves for work or is on business trips. He has a younger sibling named Kai Guy. When he fed us food when we were babies, he didn't know what to do so he brought up his own system.

Give everything to the oldest first.

Which is why he always says at random times "Oldest comes first!!!"

It's pretty annoying. I mean he is the oldest out of his family and that's why he probably says all those things. But that isn't his only problem. He tells way too many stories.

"Hey everyone! Come and sit in a circle. It's story time!" Ty Guy squeals excitedly. "Did you know me and your father went all the way back to high school?" And there is another story. What he said was true though. I still don't get how he is the second in command of the company and my father's best friend.

Ty Guy is dumb, annoying, and everything bad.

My dad is smart, not annoying and everything good. 

You see the difference now?

"Let's sneak out to your backyard." Leroy whispers to me. I nod and we run away not so sneakily to my backyard playground. I still don't get how Ty Guy didn't notice us. 

"You're so lucky! I wish I had my own playground." Leroy says sadly.

"Well, my father bought it so we don't get so bored easily. Also, our house area is big enough to have one of these." I brag. So, you might be thinking I'm a rich spoiled girl but I'm not. It's just that one day, I'm going to take over the whole Ford company and be cool!!! I'm going to learn to fight and defend in the art of ashes. That's why I'm rich.

For the rest of the evening, we play with each other and my twin sisters until dinner is ready.

"Dinner time!" Ty Guy announces. 

"Ugh. No!" Everyone groans. Having meals with Ty Guy is the worst. No, it's not what you think. He doesn't cook bad. He actually cooks pretty good. It's just his system of meals.

"Oldest eats first!"

"Okay." I say stepping up. I am the oldest so I usually just get things first.

"Wait, who is the oldest? Is it you or Leroy?" Ty Guy asks. Oh. I forgot Leroy was here. But I'm impatient.

"Me." I say and I take my food and finish it. When everyone is finally finished with their dinner, Ty Guy uses his "Oldest comes first" system to put us to sleep.

"I hope I'm able to work at the Ford Hub soon." Leroy says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because then I will become a man!" Leroy exclaims. "And I will make my parents proud!"

"But I don't want you to leave." I state sadly.

"I'm not that excited to leave Ashe. It's just that I'm of age now. I'm 8 years old! Surely your father knows that and will pick me. It's our life. Besides, when I'm gone, you'll still have Harumash and Harumi."

"I know but with Harumash and Harumi, I'm the third wheel. But with you, there is no third wheel. And your my best friend I really don't want you to leave." And there I go again with my words. I hope it isn't too obvious that I have a crush on him. Fortunately, I said "best friend".

"Don't worry Ashe. It'll probably be soon but not like tomorrow. We'll still have time together." Leroy assures me.

"Good. Then let's use it wisely." I give him a small smile trying to not let him show that my heart is breaking inside. What if he leaves too soon without knowing my feelings and he finds a girl at the Ford Hub? I can't let that happen.

After hours of having those thoughts in my head, I finally fall asleep.

-------------------------

Third Person POV

5 am

"Hey Leroy, wake up." A voice whispers to Leroy.

"Huh? A few more- Oh!" Leroy jumps surprised as he sees Ash Father shaking him. "Hey, what do you need?"

"We need to talk." Ash Father says seriously.

------------------------

A/N: Comment and vote!!!

-xxrandomscorpioxx