Chapter 22: Shopkins

Before the shopkins tried to attack...

Ashe's POV

I was preparing what I was going to the shopkins. I need to say the right words because:

1. We need this ridiculous war to stop.

2. They are dumb so we need kind of manipulate them with our words because they can take simple words the wrong way.

"It's okay, Ashe Girl!" Mailman cheers on me. "You'll ace this speech! Then, we can go back to our normal lives!"

"Normal lives." I whispered. What is it going to be now that the Ford Hub is destroyed?

"Oh...I forgot. Sorry, Ashe Girl." Mailman apologizes.

"It's okay. Let's think about it after this war is over." I tell Mailman.

"Yeah." Mailman says. He then zones out into his own little mailman world.

"So, you ready kid?" Sharkie asked.

"Hey! I'm not a kid." I whined.

"Well I'm a lot older than you so you are still a kid." Sharkie points out.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I don't know. I lost count since I was 2080 I think?" Sharkie shrugged.

"Wow...that's really old." I commented.

"I'm guessing you'll live on for a lot longer. But your death will be a tragedy." Harumash pipes up.

"Are you trying to predict the future?" Sharkie looks at her. "Because I don't think that will be true."

"Well I think so." Harumash frowns.

"How are you guessing the future?" I ask. I've never seen her trying to guess the future before.

"I don't know. I just have this gut feeling." Harumash pats her guts. "Where I just know that something is going to happen."

"Okay..." I give her a small smile. Something strange is going on with Harumash. But I'll focus on that after this war is over.

"The reason I asked if you were ready before is because we're here." Sharkie gestured to the shopkins' base.

"Um...give me a few minutes to prepare...hehe." I excused myself and walked a few feet away from them so I could prepare my speech. After a few minutes, I was ready so I turned around to go back to the shopkins' base.

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!" I scream. When I turned around, I bumped into something. "Mailman!"

"Hi Ashe Girl! Are you ready now?" he asks excitedly.

"Yes, I am. You scared me too!" I answered, still kind of in shock.

"Oh, sorry." Mailman apologizes. "Sharkie just told me to check on you because Poppy Corn is yelling at him."

"Then we need to hurry up now!" I quickly jog back with Mailman to where Sharkie and Poppy Corn were having an argument.

"You betrayed us for the ponies! How dare you!" Poppy Corn shouted.

"First of all, I'm not with the ponies. Second, how can I betray you when I was basically neutral in the war?" Sharkie argued.

"Uh...you weren't. We were just on the shopkins' side out of spite." Poony-poo astronaut points out.

"Now is not the time to say stuff like this!" Sharkie told him.

"Okay, okay." Poony-poo astronaut held up his hands and backed away.

Poppy Corn then noticed me. "Hey! What are you doing here?" he shouted.

"You need to stop the war!" I told him.

"That's not how you're supposed to start the speech!" Sharkie and Poony-poo astronaut told me.

Meanwhile, Poppy Corn yelled, "Why should I do that? The ponies stole our popularity!"

"You can sort things out. Besides, the charts says you have equal popularity. Isn't that enough?" I ask.

"No! We're supposed to have all the popularity! But the ponies stole it all from us!" Poppy Corn yelled.

"Yeah!" most of the shopkins agreed.

"Isn't equal enough though? I mean we can always get more. Shopkins are superior now." Poppy Corn's wife, Toasty Pop told him.

"No! We need to attack now!" Poppy Corn said.

"No! Don't attack!" I shouted at him. But no one listened. All the shopkins were getting ready to attack. Weapons were being drawn, guns were being loaded, and whatever food weapons shopkins used were also being taken out.

"In formation!" one of the generals shouted. He kind of looked like a cow.

"Yes, General Rockin' Choc." all the shopkins soldiers saluted at him.

Oh. So his name is Rockin' Choc. He has a lot of muscle. I don't think I could beat him in a fight.

"You guys are supposed to listen to Ashe Girl!" Mailman shouted. "She has a whole speech prepared."

"It was probably prepared by the ponies. They bribed you to say false words to us so then they would win!" Poppy Corn declared. "But no. We are not falling for that trick. We are smarter than that and we will defeat the ponies!"

"Yeah!" the shopkins cheered.

"We will also get our rightful popularity back!" he added.

"Yeah!"

"No! This isn't supposed to be happening!" Poony-poo astronaut says in a panicked voice. He started pooping more and more until his toilet started to overflow.

"I'm sorry but I guess this has to happen." Harumash said sadly.

"What are you saying?" I ask.

"I don't know. It's like sometimes I'm possessed and then the words come out." Harumash shrugs.

"Her behavior recently has really been getting weird." I thought. But I pushed those thoughts back because I needed to focus on preventing the shopkins from attacking.

"Just hear me out!" I shouted to Poppy Corn.

"We don't need to listen to someone like you!" Poppy Corn told me. "You are from the ponies' side."

"No! I'm not!" I protested.

"Attack!" he announced.