Chapter 5: Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Ashe Girl's POV

I take out a book titled "The Forest" hoping to find a map of the forest we are in. We are definitely lost and we need to find a way to some civilization before dark.

"Did you find anything?" Mailman asks me as he runs back to me. He's been running little distances to try and find some places too.

"Well I found a book about this forest." I reply. "Hopefully we can find something in this book. I'm looking now."

I continue to flip the pages trying to find a map but with no success. However, there is one page that catches my eye. The title of the page that names the beginning of a section in the book is "Monsters". I got curious and nervous at the same time so I start to read it.

    "Do you really think this forest is safe? Absolutely not. There are obviously monsters that lurk around in the shadows during the day and come out in the dark night."

My face visibly paled as I read this. This forest is dangerous. I always thought it was safe since I never heard any screams or terrible rumors about this forest. I look up into the sky and see that the sun is setting. I hurriedly read the rest of the section before dark. And start reading the last sentence. 

    "If you are in this forest right now, then good luck. There is a 1% chance of surviving these monsters because they are absolutely ruthless. The only way to defeat them is to-"

"ASHE GIRL!!!" Mailman screams.

"Mailman what's wrong?" I ask concerned and worried.

"LOOK!!! THERE'S A MONSTER!" he screams in fear.

"Shh," I whisper. "We don't want to attract attention to us so stop screaming and the monster will probably walk off. Now let me continue reading..."

I tried to find the page but then Mailman shook me making me drop my book.

"What are you doing?" I hissed.

"THE MONSTER IS CHASING US!!! RUN!!!" Mailman screams.

I look up to see what's going on and I finally see the monster and start laughing.

"Haha. He only looks like Frankenstein. Don't worry it's probably a costume." I laughed. But then I see the Frankenstein turn his head towards me after I said those words and started walking towards me creepily. Then, I remembered something important.

    "These monsters are called Halloween monsters. They are absolutely deadly and ruthless. Their leader is the Frankenstein and if you ever bump into him, you're as good as dead unless..."

I remember those words from the book but forgot about the part after the word "unless". Damn it! How do I defeat him? I was pulled out of my thoughts and saw the Frankenstein almost in reach of me and I got horrified.

"I don't want to die right now. I'm too young!" I thought to myself. So I did the one thing that made sense. Run.

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!" I scream as I run. Guess I did listen to Mailman's words. Soon after I started running, Mailman starts running too.

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!" he screams. As the distance from Frankenstein gets longer, I start slowing down while Mailman creates distance between us. Trust me, he's very fast. And a lot faster than me from his past mailman experience. I look behind myself and saw nothing.

"Phew, I think we lost him, I'm going to stop running." I pant from running so long. After a few minutes, Mailman runs back to me and I frown.

"Why aren't you running? We still need to run." Mailman insists as he tries to pull me up.