Chapter 2: Going Away

Third Person POV

5 am

"Hey Leroy, wake up." A voice whispers to Leroy.

"Huh? A few more- Oh!" Leroy jumps surprised as he sees Ash Father shaking him. "Hey, what do you need, sir?"

"We need to talk. And from now on, you call me boss." Ash Father says seriously.

"What why? Am I trouble?" Leroy asks.

"Let's talk about this outside." Ash Father leads Leroy outside of their house and led him to Leroy's house.

"Why am I back here? Am I not allowed to be friends with your daughters sir?"

Ash Father looks at him pointedly.

Leroy gulps. "I mean boss?"

"Boss can sure be intimidating sometimes" Leroy thought.

Ash Father chuckles. "Stop it with the questions will you? Nothing is wrong. It's just that it's time for you to work for the Ford Hub. Here, this letter is from your parents. They told me to give it to you when I tell you that you are going to work in the Hub."

"Yes! Yes!" Leroy happily cries.

"When you're done reading, go pack your stuff and Ty will bring you to your Hub." Ash Father tells him.

"Okay." Leroy is bouncing with excitement and he tries to pack fast.

~~~~~~~

Ashe's POV

I wake up to find the bed on my right empty. Where is Leroy?

Before I could answer that, my dad comes in to check in on my sisters and I.

"What are you doing awake daughter?"

"I don't know. I heard some noises. Do you know where Leroy is?"

"He will come soon." Huh. My dad is acting suspicious. 

"I'm leaving for work. Tell your sisters that when they wake up."

"But where-" I was cut off by the bedroom door slammed shut.

"UGH!!! Why???" And I was being interrupted again by the bedroom door opening but with Leroy coming in this time.

"Where were you?" I ask him angrily. "Why did you leave?"

"Because I got great news! I'm finally going to start working at the Ford Hub! Aren't you happy?"

"What!!!" I exclaim angrily surprised. Unfortunately, he was mistaken and I thought I was happy. 

"Yeah, didn't your dad tell you? This is great news!!! Even my parents gave me this letter!"

"Uh Leroy? Your parents are dead?" I ask confused but hoping not to offend him by bringing up his parents.

"I know but then I found out they left me a letter that your dad gave to me."

"Wait. My dad had a letter from your parents? How did they write it and give it to him?" That was weird. People who have dead parents barely get letters. Why did Leroy have one?

"I don't know. But this letter is from my parents so I will go. Besides, I'm not special to anyone around here." he said sadly.

"But you are to me." I blurt out before I even processed what I said.

"I know I am." 

OMG. Does he have a crush on me too? 

But before I can say anything he adds, "We're best friends. But don't worry I'll make new friends at the Hub while you'll make new friends when you come to work at a Hub. Who knows? Maybe we'll be working at the same Ford Hub when you come to work. Besides, no one else thinks I'm special."

"Yeah...Bye." I walked away quickly trying not to look like I was running away. I couldn't handle that weird rejection. I may not have told him my romantic feelings for him but I felt hurt since he basically friend zoned me. I couldn't say anything to him anymore. I was only his best friend.

"HEY LEROY!!! WE GOT TO LEAVE NOW FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. REMEMBER OLDEST COMES FIRST!" Ty Guy shouts. Well, I guess one thing never changes. Ty Guy's attitude.

"Yeah I'm coming." 

Leroy turns to look at me to say bye but I already ran off to my house to cry.

~~~~~~~

A/N: Please comment on your thoughts and vote. 

Have a nice day. :)