✔| 27 | His Side

Well, this time,
I'm claiming myself
as the deserving one
for her.

[Bryan Dmitri's POV]

August 2019

"Bryan, alam na ba ni Altheia ang kalagayan mo?" Mom asked. Bakas ang pag-aalala sa kanyang mukha.

"Mom, I don't want her to know," I said. Agad naman niya akong sinamaan ng tingin, "That's not right, Bryan Dmitri!"

I can't help but tear up in front of her, "Mom, malala na ang kalagayan ko at mas pipiliin ko pang makipag-break na lang sa kanya para hindi niya na ako makitang nahihirapan."

"That's not the right thing to do, anak," Mom told me. Her face softened, "If you love her, then let her know para masamahan ka niya sa bawat pagsusubok mo. If she declined, then that means she doesn't love you at all."

"I love her and I don't care if she loves me back as long as she won't see me suffering," I countered. She sighed, "Anak, she deserves to know the truth."

"Ayokong kaawaan niya ako," I defended. She rolled her eyes, "Kung nanatili man siya ng dahil naawa siya sa'yo, it doesn't change the fact that she cares for you."

"Mom, I think she deserves someone better. Someone who doesn't have an illness. Someone who can take care of her until she grew older," I explained.

Bumuntong hininga siya at tinitigan ako ng diretso sa mata, "I just want to remind you that you don't have the rights to tell if who's the deserving one for her. Choice niya 'yon at hindi sa'yo. Very well then, susuportahan ko ang magiging desisyon mo. Sana hindi ka magsisisi sa huli."

She left my room with heavy heart. I sighed. Humiga na lang ako sa kama at tumulala sa kisame.

I was diagnosed with brain tumor. Nagsimula ito nung first week, I started vomitting at morning without feeling nausea. I also have changes in hearing and vision. I tend to forget things lately and I can't concentrate much. Madalas ding sumakit ang ulo ko.

So, nagpa-check up ako and doon na namin nalaman. The neurosurgeon requested for a CT Scan and the results showed that I have a brain tumor.

He said that if we want to make sure, I can also take a MRI. We obliged and the results were the same. That's the time, when we have to decide.

There are two types of tumors-benign and malignant. Mine is benign.

The doctor said that the symptoms didn't show up immediately and that's normal. Ang problema, dahil hindi agad lumabas ang mga symptoms, lumaki na ito sa puntong mahirap na itong gamutin. He also stated that the location of the tumor is very dangerous to operate.

In short, mababa lang ang pag-asang magiging successful ang operasyon.

Wala na kaming choice. It's either hahayaan na lamang hanggang sa wala na or magri-risk. So, we chose the latter. At least, lumaban kami imbes na umupo at maghintay sa tamang oras.

○●○●○

"Let's break up, Thei... I can't do this anymore," I told her with pleading eyes.

I can't do this anymore. Nawawalan na ako ng pag-asa.

Yesterday, I was brought to the hospital and the doctor said my condition is critical. The tumor is damaging some part of my brain which is bad. It's getting worse at the same time, mas bumubaba ang rate na magiging successful ang operasyon ko.