• one •

one.

3 years ago.

The busy people in airport mind their own business. Everyone has stories why they have to leave their own country, or maybe why they arrived in South Korea.

You're one of those people who have to leave the place; against your will but you need to do so.

You anxiously played with your fingers while sitting at the chair. Your mother noticed how uneasy you were.

"I have to remind you," She smiled sadly and grabbed your hand, pained to see you broken as well. "I'm going to throw our belongings later. Do you want to talk to them?"

"No mom, I can't talk to them." You whispered. "I'm horrible."

Your mother tightened her grip on you. "For the last time?"

You frowned hearing her words. Before your tears could fall, you immediately grabbed your mother's hand back. "I guess I should."

She didn't waste anytime and passed you the phone. You immediately run to the farthest place you could ever get and let your tears fall while contacting their number.

It rang for a few minutes and when you decided to hang up, they suddenly answered. You froze on your spot when you heard another broken voice on the line.

[If this isn't Y/N, please don't call us again.] It was owned by Junmyeon.

You almost dropped on your knees to hear him say it. There was a thick silence since you couldn't tell the words you wanted to say.

[I'll end the call--]

"Suho," You whispered.

[Y/N?!] You can hear some scratches on the line and soon the voice was changed into a deeper voice, and you're sure it was owned by Kyungsoo. [Where are you? We were trying to call you but we can't contact you? I'll pick you up-]

"D.O., no, don't. I'm leaving." You covered your mouth from the threatening loud sobs. There was a silence from the other line and you already could tell they were waiting for you to tell more. You slowly slid on the wall while trying your best not to be audible when crying. "I have to l-leave."

You hear a sarcastic chuckle, from Chanyeol. [Nice joke. Now, I need my baby back here.]

"I'm not kidding." You shook your head, and once again, they became silent. "I called to.. to say Goodbye."

You suddenly wondered, is this the right choice?

You frowned to hear no response from them  The tears continued flowing like an acid down your cheeks but you knew it was all your doing. It felt like a brick was blocked in your throat, making you unable to speak or move. It felt like the sadness took over you.

"I'm really sor--"

[Don't be.] Your eyes widened to hear Minseok's reply. [Maybe things are meant to be this way.]

"Xiumi--"

[You left no farewell personally and no explanation in calls. This couldn't get any more awful, right? Let's end this here, before things cou..] Minseok's voice audibly cracked. [Before things could get more hurtful.]

You were about to apologize once again only to be cut off by the speaker in the airport. You anxiously turned to look at the screen and your heart dropped to realize your flight was next.

You tightly grabbed at the device, "Is this really our end?"

[Don't ask us that. You choose this to end.] Sehun bitterly said.