• twenty one •

twenty one.

"You always go home late," Jean peeked on your table. "Why? Are you busy negotiating with the leaders of this place?"

You sighed and looked at clock, noticing that it's already 11 PM. Both you and Jean were the only ones left here.

"Shut up and leave. Don't you know how to mind your own business?"

"I can't believe that you were transferred in third class yet you still work like a first class. Well.. even more than first." She flipped her hair. "I'm leaving. You deserve all the loads of that shit anyway."

You didn't responded, knowing you'll both end up fighting again and you have no energy with that. She loudly slammed the door and as you were left, an idea suddenly popped between the stress of finishing all of this works.

You thought of visiting the orphanage tomorrow. This made you rush on finishing the things with motivation before deciding who to invite with.

You grabbed your phone and contemplated who to dial. Your first thoughts were Joy and the girls, slightly getting comfortable with them again. After all, they've been a big part of your life.

Unfortunately, they couldn't come with you. Your next thoughts were Eunwoo since Jaepil is still in Japan, but he wasn't answering. Eunwoo always answer your calls but he mentioned before that he's currently having serious things at the moment when he can't.

You sighed in defeat, knowing you'll have to go alone tomorrow.

It's not like you're new to that feeling of visiting places alone. In fact, you somehow hated that you're looking someone to join you. You keep reminding yourself not to be once like you were before; giving everything for others. But it seems like you failed.

You stood up and grabbed all the things, going straight at the office room where it is encoded so you can leave your works in there.

You tiredly laid your works on the table that stood there and made your way out. While letting your hair down and fixing your heels, you came to a stop when the lights turned off. You glanced worriedly around and cleared your throat.

"Ah.. hello?" Your voice echoed into nothingness.

You rolled your eyes and looked for your phone so you can light up your way instead.

While rummaging through your bag, you felt a hand wrapped on your wrist. Your eyes widened and instinctively elbowed were the person could possibly be. But you failed. You spun around, losing your balance a bit but regaining it when your back hit the wall.

You widened your eyes to see through the darkness. You gulped nervously before proceeding on looking for your phone, hoping you'll got to see it.

However, the stranger once again grabbed your arm. You released a scream as you fell in the ground. The darkness and how the person was anonymous was tormenting you; like the nightmares you always have.

"Who are you?!" You managed to utter while you crawl back.

Your terrifying event ended when the lights flickered open. Your breath hitched to see no one infront. You remained silent while your chest heaved heavily, not knowing what to do. Your eyes scanned the place and it landed into the ground where your things are scattered.

That.. That was all in my thoughts?

Was it just imaginary?

You shook your head. Could it be because of stress?

"What the.."

Your back straightened as another voice echoed. You covered your ears, in fear that this might be just another one of your hallucinations.