• eight •

eight.

"Ow!" The teenage hissed in pain when a heel hit his back. "P-Please-"

The man didn't even let him breath atleast once, kicking him with no mercy with his fist balled angrily. The sun that was slowly getting away didn't help your anxiety rising in each minute that drops by. Although the chance of seeing the two guys' face is not possible, you can still hear who was screaming with his own hoarse voice.

And it is the poor teenage boy's.

Your hand trembled while your gaze was glued on the poor boy that was in the dark, repeatedly yelling everytime he got kick.

You immediately get on act, hurrying to pull the boy away from the man. "H-H-Hey! Thanks for helping but-"

The man's silhouette hastily grabbed back the boy, slipping away from your delicate grip. You quickly get on act and run towards the place where the well-built man was taking him.

And its on a darned alley.

The alleys you currently wouldn't like to enter because of what kind of mystery that lies on there.

You hesitated for a minute since it was dark out there but quickly sped up in the direction where the teenager was taken.

Your thoughts were right when you see that it was pitch darkness, you wouldn't suspect someone is in there if it weren't for the cries of help. This time, you can tell he was more than being kicked and you wouldn't want to think how could it get any worse.

You had enough of hearing it and immediately dive in the dark, regretting it in millisecond when you are currently faced anonymously in the man.

"P-Please, don't hurt this guy anymore." You bit your lip, looking for more words to say. "I-"

Without any words, the man turned around abruptly. Your eyes widened while dodging him as fast as you can and making his way out. You didn't have time to see him go away as you quickly help the teenage boy to pull away from the darkness.

"I-I can't b-breath." The teenage managed to utter while you struggle to take him out of the dark alleyway.

You quickly checked to see your phone and dialled some ambulance, spatting the adress as fast as you can.

While waiting for the help, you looked around to see the man who anonymously and somehow scarily helped you.

But he is nowhere to be found already, traces of his footstep is nowhere to be found.

Lucky for the teenage victim - not to mention that he was always the suspect a few minutes ago, the hospital was just nearby the place that their ambulance immediately get on act. Soon, he was taken in the emergency room. You glanced at the clock repetitively until the doctor finally came out.

"H-How is he?" You asked, wiping the dusts in your face.

The doctor sighed. "His back are severely damaged, it is dangerous for him to walk-"

"Is he currently okay now?" The doctor nodded in your question. "That's all I want to know. I just took him here because.. it's a long story, you wouldn't want to know. But I'm not related to him. I don't know about his relatives so ask him instead, thank you."

The doctor batted his eyelids, confused on your sudden attitude but seeing you more determined, he apologetically bowed down. "You can check him if you want to."

You nodded, leaving his sight and checking on the teenager's designated place. You hastily swiped the curtain open and sighed to see him struggling to even open his eyes.