• eleven •

eleven.

"Mom, I'm home." You slumped yourself in the couch.

It's already dinner when the three elimination ended.

Mrs. Yoon came out wearing an apron, underneath wore her usual sophisticated clothes even if she is just on her house.

"How did the elimination went?" She excitedly asked.

"I passed it all," You smiled happily when she squealed out of joy. It was so genuine you wouldn't mind working even harder.

"Eat dinner! I cooked it all for you!" Mrs. Yoon didn't let you stand up knowing how hard your day must been. She displayed all the foods on the center table. "We have a business dinner earlier so it's all yours."

"I can't gain weight." You joked earning a nudge from her.

"Will you still work tomorrow?" She worriedly asked. "The orphanage called me earlier saying you visited. You must be extremely tired."

"Mom, I'm not tired one bit. I will work tomorrow." Not to mention that you need to earn some money, she will surely lecture you that it's not your responsibility. "I actually want to have a midnight walk-"

"No," You pouted when she fully determined saying that. "First of all, you just finished three eliminations today. I doubt you sleep last night. You also went to the orphanage! Then you'll work early tomorrow. So there's no room for you to roam tonight, understood?"

"It's not tiring at all." You defended while munching in delight.

"Besides," Mrs. Yoon sighed. "We may be safe in Los Angeles but not in South Korea. It's still dangerous. You know that, right?"

You slowed down eating processing what she said. Mrs. Yoon is right, but there's something about going out that makes you comfortable. It felt like there's always someone behind you to protect.

You flinched on your own thoughts. Are you actually trusting a stranger? A possible non existent person stalking you? No way.

Anyway, if your mother isn't agreeing about this idea of yours..

then it seems like you'll have to sneak out later.

"Y/N?" Mrs. Yoon brought you back in reality. She grinned after seeing you zoning out. "I said how are the kids?"

"O-Oh.. They're so cute! It feels so nice to be there!"

"Really? I have this one kid I visited three years ago before we left. He was still a toddler back then.." Your mother stopped for a moment while she recall the child's name. "Right! He is Taejin? Did you met him?"

"Oh! That kid! He clings to me like a koala." You both laughed out loud.

"How talkative is he now?" Mrs. Yoon pressed, eager to know about that kid. "I must visit there. I also miss the others."

"Well, he is very friendly, sweet, and well mannered. He told me everything about the kids that got adopted and although it was sad, he said he is really grateful for the memories. That kid thinks like a matured person." You took a break taking a bite while Mrs. Yoon waited in anticipation. "And also, he took me somewhere--"

You paused, recalling what happened that time.

"Really? Where?" Your mother pressed with a wide smile.

Suddenly, you can hear your heart thumpering loudly on your chest. It felt like the world stopped while you remembered about it.

The handprint, it seems and feels like Chanyeol's.