• thirteen •

thirteen.

Few days has passed after Mr. Tan's visit and everyone have to get going.

You could only stare at them and guilt because you know this is all because of you.

"What are you doing?" Sohye blocked you from getting some cups to serve. You awkwardly pointed infront before she shook her head. "Mina wants to talk to you."

Without words, you went in the direction towards Mina's room.

"Don't worry, Y/N," Mina comfortingly massaged your shoulders. "I'll tell this about my parents. They have connections so we can put that jerk behind the bars-"

"Wait, no," You stood up.

It won't work.

No matter how much police connection they have, how much skilled the cops they send, how much high the detective is,

they are nothing against a 'mafia leading group'.

Mina's eyes widen while watching you suddenly remove your apron off you and pack up. "W-Where are you going?"

"Somewhere." You hastily grabbed the knob. "Tomorrow's our official membership, right?"

Mina nodded. "Yes, SANE Company already listed our pen names online."

"I'll be there." You mumbled before leaving Mina confused, once again.

The rain suddenly poured harder right at the moment you went outside. How unlucky you are. It seems like you'll have to run against the rain because of your eagerness to meet Mr. Tan.

You went to the bus stop, sighing in relief that the shed are closer at Mina's shop. It was an easier access to the vehicle.

You glanced repeatedly at the address in your phone about Mr. Tan's building until you reached the second bus stop.

You looked over sideways for the cars while fighting against the cold and raging rain. When you finally reached Mr. Tan's front building, your eyes widened on how it looked compared to the photo in the internet.

It looked awful.

It was destroyed, and burned. A police line stood to prevent anyone from entering. You gulped nervously as your heart thumpered together with the rain.

Although you wanted to examine what exactly happened in the place, you couldn't stay any longer because of the realization of being soaked. You went towards the entrance door only to blocked by a police officer.

"If you don't have any transactions to Mr. Tan, you are not allowed to enter." One of them said.

"Is he inside?" You asked, knowing he is most probably away because of what happened to his place but your thoughts were wrong when they nodded. "T-Tell him I'm someone named Yoon Y/N!"

You just hoped saying your name will do. anything. Mr. Tan hates you already and will push you away the moment he hears your name, might even accuse you for what happened to him.

Right. You came to your senses and realized you shouldn't have tried to even visit him.

"Mr. Tan tells you to come in."

Wait, what? Are you hearing things now? Did he just let you want to come in?

"Ms. Yoon?"

"Y-Yeah," You stuttered before proceeding.

You didn't even reached the stairs when a screeching shoes can be heard.

You curiously looked around and froze on your spot as you watched Mr. Tan drop in his knees. "Forgive me, Y/N. I have misunderstood what you're capable of."