• twenty two •

twenty two.

Both Chanyeol and Jongdae are two seats apart from you as they bounce their legs almost in sync. You expected them to be mad and give you continuous shots of glare; but it all turned opposite.

You don't know why, but having this extremely awkward tension is a lot worse than seeing them mad.

You took a deep breath and glanced on your wristwatch, realizing you've been in this awkward state for thirty minutes now.

Thankfully, Jongdae spoke up. "So.. are we gonna seat here? Like.. uhm.."

"Okay!" Chanyeol exclaimed all of a sudden which made you flinch and look at him in shock. He threw his legs over him, crossing it making him seem sassy. "Yoon Y/N-"

"It's been a while." You unconsciously said as fast as you can.

And you regretted it immediately.

A tint of red colored your pale cheeks. You quickly looked away and chuckled softly. "I- No- Like-"

Chanyeol cleared his throat, silencing you in a blink. "We're here to say sorry."

Your ears perked. Are you seriously hearing things now? Them, who you owe an apology, is currently saying sorry. And now you can't even think how this situation could get any worse.

Chanyeol pulled a tough facade. "You're wondering why- I mean you should be wondering why- But because you're wondering why-"

Jongdae had enough of how empty Chanyeol's words are. He stood up and looked at you. "We're sorry for using your name during the donation."

You tightly grabbed on your sling bag over your lap and smiled shortly. "It's okay. May I ask.. why?"

"That time," Jongdae looked straight at you. "We still hasn't move on."

'That time..'

These two words rung in your head and it makes you realize it was before, but no longer about now. And it was one of the most painful thing you've experienced.

Instead of anger, he was calm and sincere; and it hurt more than you thought it will.

"Now that Jongdae cleared it, I hope you can tell that to the orphanage who seem to respect you and like you a lot." Chanyeol was trying to say some other thing. He was sarcastic and far from how Jongdae take care of the situation.

Either way, it will always hurt you though.

You snapped at yourself and remembered what cost your sadness and inability to move on over things and it was a lot. You didn't want to live like that.

You stood up and reminded yourself what all of this means. "I understand then. Now that we make a deal with it and fix our thing with each other, I shall leave."

Jongdae nodded while Chanyeol stood up, a little surprised.

Jongdae hid his hands behind him. "I'm glad."

You flinched. "That we're finishing the business between us?"

"That you seem to learn over everything," He surprisingly said. "I don't want you to be stuck, Y/N."

The kindness that never seem to fade away from Jongdae will always make you doubt.

I'm still stuck, Chen. You thought. I just have no choice but to show I'm not.

You decided to leave before getting more weak staying with them. You bowed down before turning around but was suddenly held back by Chanyeol. Your eyes widened when his long hands wrapped on your wrist.