• thirty eight •

thirty eight.

You slammed your palm in the table and vigorously shook your head. "No. We're not gonna talk about anything."

"Wait, do you want some?" Junmyeon innocently licked the knife while keeping his melting gaze. He chuckled to notice your eyes blink rapidly.

He knows that you are flustered.

You turned around and fixed your things, doing your best to be angry when you definitely can't.

"You wasted my time. I could've been home by now if you just put your fucki- your pride, I mean." You threw your bag on your shoulders and stomped away. "You could've just excuse me instead of making this shitty plan."

"Why aren't you coming?" You shivered when Junmyeon's hand grabbed your wrist forcefully, making you spun around. "You should come. The stockholders are wishing for you."

You grimaced thinking that it shouldn't be a question at all. "Uhh, because the last time I met the stockholders he disrespected the shit out of us?"

"Language." He smirked. Junmyeon stood up with his grip finally loosening. "And who makes you think that that will happen?"

Finally freed, you stood up almost in an alert stance. "I don't know? Events happen without anyone's permission. It can happen anytime. So don't ask me that stupid question."

"Why do you keep swearing?" He laughed, his eyes turning into that familiar crescent.

It was, well, cute. But it's getting in your nerves.

"SERIOUSLY! What do you want Junmyeon?"

"Tss. Don't worry about that. We already got the stockholders beaten up that day." He whipped his hair back again. "What makes you think he can touch you again?"

Somehow, his reassurance give you some feelings of floating in the air like you are.. really protected.

"Anyway! Everytime you say 'no', I remove one person here." He raised a paper where there's a list of names in his hands. "So it's your fault if no one was able to attend."

You furrowed your brows in a confused manner. "What do you mean?"

"Are you coming or not?"

"No-"

"Okay. So, shall I cancel Mina first?" He bit the ballpen, deeply thinking. You watched him with a big question mark as you have no idea what he is exactly doing. Soon, he nodded to himself and clicked the pen open and started scribbling. "Okay. One person has been removed. Now, I'll ask again."

Wait.

Is he actually removing people in the list everytime you decline?

You scoffed, flipping your hair confidently. "I doubt that you are doing that. Mina is not listed as far as I remember."

"But you requested for her so we gave her slot."

Your eyes widened. Aren't they the type to go against literally any of your decision? "You guys actually did it?"

"Mmm. It's you who requested so..?" He smirked. "Okay, one more time. Are you coming or not?"

Subconsciously, you answered. "No, but Mina-"

"Let's take off the first one in the list." He scribbled once again and you swore he's really doing it. "Are you coming or not?"

"Junmyeon! Can you stop?" You combed your hair with your fingers.

"I will take that as a 'no'." He puckered his lips and was about to scribble when you block it by grabbing his wrist. His eyebrow visibly raised in a split second. "Ooh, you are actually doing first moves now?"